If you get a letter from Att you may want to open it...

KGun

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I provide a family member a cell phone who has minimal needs for one but should have one for an occasional call or emergencies when they are out. They have an Nokia flip phone that is getting pretty old so with the changes in my plan lately after picking up my 1st Windows phone, a Nokia 920, I decided to upgrade them soon to a 520 GoPhone. It would add $5 to my family plan since it would then be a smartphone line.
Well, I got a letter from Att yesterday that I would normally give about 5 seconds to reading, then toss. I got around today to opening it up and started reading, my jaw dropped.
Att, because of the age of the phone and upgrades they are doing to their network said the current phone may become unreliable soon so they were going to offer me a choice of 3 phones, free. One of the choices was a Nokia 925, I can't remember the other 2.
No contract, no activation fee, no tax, nothing, free.
I couldn't get to the Att store fast enough, and walked out with a new 925.
I still can't believe it, even Att doesn't suck all the time.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Wow!
Really...unbelievably cool.
Is AT&T turning humanitarian now...actually taking care of customers?

Awesome deal!

bunky1971

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
From what I've heard either the 850 or 1900 gsm band is being reprovisioned for backhaul. Just don't remember which one. There was talk about it last summer IIRC congratulations on the free upgrade!!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Did that to my father in law's old nokia as well. Except he chose to get another dumb phone because it would've added another $20 for a data plan to our lines. Then we switched to t-mobile anyway after a few months to save $20 a month....so i guess getting that new phone didn't really matter much in the end! It was cool that they did that though!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Awesome to hear! My mom has been on an old flip phone for a couple of years also, but about 6 months ago we got her a blackberry type of device for ~$30 so she could still type out messages but it wasn't a smartphone so it was still a cheaper plan.

Now that we are on the family share we are paying the same cost as if she had a cell phone anyway! Which stinks but isn't all that bad. Too bad we didn't get a free one out of it, haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard