If you HAD to leave WP who would you go to?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If I absolutely had to leave WP, I'd get a nice feature flip phone that was rugged and would last a long time. Preferably something with big numbers on the buttons so I could see it clearly. Or possibly a feature phone with a slide out keyboard for the rare times I send a text.

Then I would get a nice, portable 4G LTE hotspot to go with the new SP3 I'd get so that I can stay in the Windows ecosystem MY way.

Sorry, that's exactly what I'd do. I might even pick up a 8" Windows Tablet for apps and casual surfing on the go. No way would I ever go to Android or iOS. I'd suffer with a feature phone and Windows laptop before I did that. I'd just need a hotspot to run internet for the laptop is all.

95% of my WP usage is either Wi-Fi tethering for my laptop or phone calls. I just don't sit around playing with apps all day. I need a larger screen for that, and the largest phablet made just isn't big enough for me to surf the net comfortably.

Wouldn't a USB stick be more practical? I have used both and I find the hotspot a PITA because it takes so long to "boot" and start transmitting a signal. I worry about the stick getting caught on something so I use it very seldom but it's a little quicker.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Wouldn't a USB stick be more practical? I have used both and I find the hotspot a PITA because it takes so long to "boot" and start transmitting a signal. I worry about the stick getting caught on something so I use it very seldom but it's a little quicker.

Well, not anymore. Now I'd just have to have the Windows 10 Flagship with continuum so I can carry my phone/laptop/pc as an all-in-one device. ;)

Love what Microsoft is doing.

the_moesiah

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I just recent switched to Android. Not having a SiriusXM app is a deal breaker for me. I held out as long as I could but I couldn't wait anymore. I got a great deal on a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I hate it. Call new a ****** but the only mobile OS I like is Windows Phone. Samsung's version of Android is a blatant rip off of iOS, which I also don't like. And I despise this keyboard. M$ and Amazon are the only companies that make good virtual keyboards.

At first I was really impressed with the phone and with Google Play store. I'd never owned a high end phone before and the amount of apps blew me away. But the honeymoon phase quickly ended when the OS's shortcomings (when compared to WP) began to show through the bells and whistles. And despite downloading more apps for this phone in a weekend than I ever did on any Windows Phone, I now realize that the lack of apps really is meaningless. I've got tons of apps, many of which I couldn't get before, but I don't care. I can live without nearly all of them. And the kicker to all of this? There is now an unofficial SiriusXM app in the WP store. Go figure.

I'm going to see if it's not too late to return this and pick up a Blu Win HD lte.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
After using my Lumia 1520 for so long, it'd probably have to be the Note 4 or LG Flex 2. My main considerations are biggest screen, and bigger battery. I could choose the iPhone 6+ but I use the Showbox app to catch up on shows I have missed (never movies).

qwertyaa

Banned
Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately to iPhone 5s, because every Microsoft flagship is over 4.3 inches. I want to use it with one hand and to wear it free in my pocket. And i want fabulous camera.

Laeery

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Probably the Jolla Phone or the Jolla Phone 2 (if ever announced). Love the community and the design. Or going with a feature phone and a proper tablet.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
LG G4, if it is as nice in my hand as it looks online. I'm going to try it this week when they hit the stores. I haven't hand an Android since my Galaxy 2, I'd guess about 4 or 5 years ago.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
LG G4. Nearly my WHOLE reason for purchasing a phone is the quality of the images it produces. I only really need a phone for calls, texts, and email. After that, my only concern is "how good are the pictures it takes?"

The LG G4 looks great in that regard.

That said, I'm hoping for an excellent midrange phablet between the 640XL and the (presumed) 940XL.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
LG G4. Nearly my WHOLE reason for purchasing a phone is the quality of the images it produces. I only really need a phone for calls, texts, and email. After that, my only concern is "how good are the pictures it takes?"

The LG G4 looks great in that regard.

That said, I'm hoping for an excellent midrange phablet between the 640XL and the (presumed) 940XL.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
The next iPhone if I have the cash. Otherwise, I will stay with Android. Sick of Windows Phones. Perhaps W10 will be a game changer, but it will not happen in the near future. Android and iOS are just too strong for WP. Porting of apps sounds appealing - Xbox, phones, desktops, tablets, blah blah blah, but how many developers will actually spend their time and resources to bridge their apps over?

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
Never owned an Apple product.

Not really interested in Android.

I'd probably take the plunge and try a less mainstream phone like the new Ubuntu phone. It probably doesn't have much of a chance against Android, but I really like the OS design and concept of how they made it work. Seems more intuitive which is promising considering it's a new OS and is sure to see a lot of improvements over time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di