International podcasts in GDR2

Christopher Plieger

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
International podcast support should have been a part of GDR2 but it seems I do not have the support yet.

I live in France so maybe that just isn't a supported country, although it is almost always one of the first international markets supported by Microsoft.

How does it normally work? Is there a podcast store? Is it in the music store?

Does anyone abroad have the option now, if so from what country are you?

Thanks for your feedback!

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Never understand the podcast culture. But if you really want podcast purchase, you may switch your phone's country location to US, then the podcast option will appear in the store app. Hopes this helps.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Never understand the podcast culture. But if you really want podcast purchase, you may switch your phone's country location to US, then the podcast option will appear in the store app. Hopes this helps.
Change Phone Region to United States via settings>language+region.

And, shouldn't the Podcast option be available under Music+Video?

Christopher Plieger

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

thanks but that doesn't work for me. Probably because my "store region" is not dependent on my phone region settings.

dvorak123

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It is possible to get "static" podcast on a non-US device, however you will most likely need to reset as the phone checks the region of the device and of the Microsoft Account.
This is what I did for static podcast support on an AU device with an AU MS account:

1 - reset device and set region to United States, don't login to your MS account
2 - connect to WIFI, enter the store and subscribe to channels you want
3 - change region and login to your MS account. Podcasts will no longer be available from the store but those already subscribed are accessible via Xbox Music.

Ridiculous to have to do this but it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz