Issue with MAIL app after Nov. Windows 10 update

Joseph Anthony2

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
So, I updated WIN 10 with the November update and everything looks great....but, upon opening the Mail app, no emails appear and all it says is "Not Synched Yet"....it's been hours and there is no way to manually synch it.

Anyone else run into this issue?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
what about log out and log in?
Mail app on windows 10 unlike windows 8 was always forced to use your Microsoft account mail, so you had to force yourself to live with it. but with windows 10 you can log out and in with any account.
You can try that if nothing appears, also you should see that the settings are correct since it will, by default, be about synching the last 2 weeks emails, so if you want to see really old emails there you have to change that setting.

But There is also the "cycling arrows" button that is used if you want to manually sync your mail. and then forcing the folders and everything to appear.

anon(9668900)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Wait, there are no accounts, I think your Mail accounts got reset. Add them again in the Settings > Accounts > Your Email and Accounts (scroll down to Email).

Jeff Sparky

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi, yes i'm having untold issues with the email. No sync, keeps coming up with error message, then the system locks up and a re boot is required. I am unable to retrieve my emails from any folders, unbelievable!!!!! Very frustrating and I'm looking at re installing window 8.2, but cant find my pass codes. Have you had any look with your issues?
Cheers
Jeff

LuxZg

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
My Hotmail and Gmail show just fine in Mail on laptop and desktop... sorry :( Have you tried removing your account and re-adding it?

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I stopped using the mail app a while ago - I don't trust it - even tweeted Gabe about it - disgraceful really. I had a nasty experience where it basically DID NOT send an email, despite it claiming that it did.

how you can release with something as broken as this is pretty amazing - i am now using a browser for my email - maybe you should just scrap all the apps and divert resources to getting Edge working and just have everyone use the web for everything instead ..

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok check a few things.

1. Make sure you go to the store and check for updates and have the latest mail app.
2. Go to Settings >Accounts.
--Make sure your signed in with your Microsoft account and no error messages are there or verification requirement.
--Scroll down and make sure your email account is there.
--Click on the account and select Manage
--Click change Mailbox sync settings
--Make sure it's set "as items arrive"
--If you have no new emails this month you should select "Download emails from" as something longer than a month.
---Sync options Email should be checked and anything else you want to sync.
Click Done>Save and then restart.

And go and see if it works. I know restart shouldn't be required but in your scenario that extra step can't hurt.

Joseph Anthony2

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok check a few things.

1. Make sure you go to the store and check for updates and have the latest mail app.
2. Go to Settings >Accounts.
--Make sure your signed in with your Microsoft account and no error messages are there or verification requirement.
--Scroll down and make sure your email account is there.
--Click on the account and select Manage
--Click change Mailbox sync settings
--Make sure it's set "as items arrive"
--If you have no new emails this month you should select "Download emails from" as something longer than a month.
---Sync options Email should be checked and anything else you want to sync.
Click Done>Save and then restart.

And go and see if it works. I know restart shouldn't be required but in your scenario that extra step can't hurt.

Thanks a lot for your help, however, this did not work etiher : ( I have a feeling the only thing that would work would be a hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcw666