Little annoyances with Universal Apps

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Please do not act like this post is about the end of Windows and Universal App failure.

I noticed an issue with media related universal apps in Windows 10 that kind of annoys me, and I wish there was some sort of better solution. If I'm using an app (like Pandora, Groove) to listen to music or watch a video, it does not have the option to turn down the volume in a single app. Some of them do include it (like Mytube). I think it has to deal with the differences between how audio is handled on a phone where you use either the system volume button or the toggle for ALL media or notifications. When it translates to a computer it means loss of functionality unless you want to open the volume mixer all of the time. It does make using the web browser more functional though. If someone is writing to Microsoft about problems in Windows 10 maybe they could mention this little one for me.

Thanks

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Please do not act like this post is about the end of Windows and Universal App failure.

I noticed an issue with media related universal apps in Windows 10 that kind of annoys me, and I wish there was some sort of better solution. If I'm using an app (like Pandora, Groove) to listen to music or watch a video, it does not have the option to turn down the volume in a single app. Some of them do include it (like Mytube). I think it has to deal with the differences between how audio is handled on a phone where you use either the system volume button or the toggle for ALL media or notifications. When it translates to a computer it means loss of functionality unless you want to open the volume mixer all of the time. It does make using the web browser more functional though. If someone is writing to Microsoft about problems in Windows 10 maybe they could mention this little one for me.

Thanks
You know, the feedback app is installed on your PC right? You could actually do this yourself but I'll do it anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lorena783lopez