Lumia 650 - Restore - can't connect error

SRRAE

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I broke my Lumia 650 and bought a replacement Lumia 650.
The setup works fine, I can connect to my WiFi, I can sign in, I get a list of my backup points to restore from and it starts to restore.

However it gets to 21% and then errors saying it Can'tConnect and to test my connection. I have done this half a dozen times and each time it gives the same error at the same time.

I even tried it with it not connected to the WiFi so it restores from mobile data and same again it errors at 21% saying Can'tConnect.

I've removed the SD card, factory reset, and same error at the same point.

I ran the Windows Device Recovery to update the OS to reset it, again same Can't Connect error at 21%.

It is connected as if I cancel the restore go to the normal phone screen the internet works and it starts downloading application updates.

Any help will be appreciated.

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by SRRAE
Hi,

I broke my Lumia 650 and bought a replacement Lumia 650.
The setup works fine, I can connect to my WiFi, I can sign in, I get a list of my backup points to restore from and it starts to restore.

However it gets to 21% and then errors saying it Can'tConnect and to test my connection. I have done this half a dozen times and each time it gives the same error at the same time.

I even tried it with it not connected to the WiFi so it restores from mobile data and same again it errors at 21% saying Can'tConnect.

I've removed the SD card, factory reset, and same error at the same point.

I ran the Windows Device Recovery to update the OS to reset it, again same Can't Connect error at 21%.

It is connected as if I cancel the restore go to the normal phone screen the internet works and it starts downloading application updates.

Any help will be appreciated.

From your experience the only logical conclusion is that your backup on OneDrive is kinda corrupted. If restoring a backup is really that important to you then try other restore points (if you have them).
Personally, i NEVER restore from a backup because of the reasons you mentioned. Also, is the backup data from WP8.1 ? If that's the case then it might not work in W10M.
My suggestion is, don't restore anything. Start clean and then slowly install and set up apps that you need first (not want :) )
Your contacts and SMS's will be safe and they'll restore normally even if don't go via the restore method.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz