Lumia 900 or Titan 2?

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help guys. Still considering both phones though. One thing I don't like about the Lumia 900 is the fact that it uses a micro-sim and if I got another phone (which most likely won't use a micro-sim), I have to get another sim card. I can't just take the sim card out of the Lumia 900 and put into another phone because it's not the right size.

I do like both designs, but not so sure if the Titan 2 screen is to big or not.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help guys. Still considering both phones though. One thing I don't like about the Lumia 900 is the fact that it uses a micro-sim and if I got another phone (which most likely won't use a micro-sim), I have to get another sim card. I can't just take the sim card out of the Lumia 900 and put into another phone because it's not the right size.

The Titan (and Titan 2) aren't nearly as big in person as they look in photos. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to hold when I looked at one in person. I was expecting to feel like I was holding a Kindle Fire to my face, and it wasn't anything like that. It's roomy, but not obnoxious.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

This isn't necessarily true, there are websites that show you how to cut down your SIM to micro size without damaging it. Then you keep the cut out shape as an adapter if you want to use it full size again. I had a friend with a micro SIM borrow my Samsung focus and he just taped his in place.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd had my HD7 crash and require a battery pull a couple times so without a removable battery, the Nokia could never be a consideration to me. Also had my iPod Touch crash and I had to let the battery completely drain itself before I could use it. Don't want to have to do that with a smartphone I depend on, when I'm out an about. Not a risk I'm willing to take :-<

The Titan is too big, especially with such a low screen resolution.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
"The Titan is too big, especially with such a low screen resolution."

Of all the problems the Titan has had, the low screen resolution ended up being a non-issue. You have to pinch-to-zoom to stupid levels for the screen res to become a problem, and the large screen pretty much prevents that.

Also, the 4.7" Titan is really only a smidge bigger than my Focus S with the 4.3" and extremely comparable to the 900.

Titan - H- 5.18", Width- 2.78", Thickness- .39", weight- 5.64 oz.
900- H- 5.03", Width- 2.63", Thickness- .33", weight- 5.64 oz
"S"- H- 4.96", Width- 2.63", Thickness- .33", weight- 3.90 oz

So, if size is really a factor, and if you do not want a large heavy phone, neither the T2 or the 900 will be a good choice. If you like a little heft and girth in your device, than they both will work for you. The 4.7" screen is absorbed really well by the HTC design, which I think is outstanding.

Really, it comes down to three things:

1) Price- Advantage 900.
2) Support- Advantage 900, but I bet HTC supports the T2 well. Just Nokia will support better.
3) Perfromance- TBD.

Last edited:

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
i'll be going for the 900 for my next phone. I have an HTC Mozart and too many (unfixed) bugs with it. I think as Nokia are bringing out the flagship WP7 devices and only WP7 you will get a more dedicated and reliable manufacturer.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
This is such a difficult decision for me. I really like the original Titan that I had it but I needed an lte phone. Titan II is the logical choice. However this Lumia 900 seems like it's going to be a really interesting device. I'm so up in the air about which 1 to choose. Go with the phone that I know and most likely has a better camera or going with Nokia, a proven brand over the past few years? I guess I need to play with them both and make a decision once I have them both in hand. Then again the price difference of 100 bucks really makes me lean towards the nokia 4 obvious reasons.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124