New Lumia flagship model? what do you think it will be called?

drknkboot

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to work out (specifically) what you meant here. Where I landed was that 920 owners would be screwed by another flagship coming so quickly. I don't think there is a lot that Nokia have in their bag to throw at a new flagship right now. I still think we'll see a Verizon specific model for the USA, but that's likely to be it for some time I think. The real work is to market the 920, 820 and 620. Also to make sure Microsoft keeps delivering on Software and (for Nokia to) improve the Nokia apps.

I understand what you're saying here, but how long can Nokia wait before the 920 is deemed "outdated"? We all see the rate at which technology in smartphones are being pushed out these days. Each new flagship from the other manufacturers gets released with at least a few new features

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I think it will have a faster dual core processor like 1.7 Ghz instead of 1.5 Ghz. And 2 GB RAM. And thinner, lighter with the same battery. Not impressive for us but that's about as innovative as I can expect when I'm being cautiously optimistic.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

anon(5395037)

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What i want from a new device ? Smaller, lighter, thinner (but with the same screen ratio) with a lot better gpu and headphone out (sound quality) and more ram maybe + microsd slot or more capacity options ? ;]

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
What I want is narrower phone so that one handed typing is better. Better battery life is always welcome. More RAM too.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

tmservo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I expect lumia to put out one major flagship upgrade per year, the same as all others. So, sometime this summer, I expect whatever is next and for people to go "wow!" It's how the business works.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
What i want from a new device ? Smaller, lighter, thinner (but with the same screen ratio) with a lot better gpu and headphone out (sound quality) and more ram maybe + microsd slot or more capacity options ? ;]
me too I want it smaller lighter thinner faster stronger better design quality better screen 3 led flash 41mp camera more ram 128gb storage inside and I want it to shoot whales from the headphone jack. Oh and a FFC!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I understand what you're saying here, but how long can Nokia wait before the 920 is deemed "outdated"? We all see the rate at which technology in smartphones are being pushed out these days. Each new flagship from the other manufacturers gets released with at least a few new features

Well it was about..6 months between the 900 and the 920 right? That said the 900 was kind of middle of the road specs-wise when it debuted so they really had to get something a bit more competitive out soon. If its significantly better, I don't think they will name it 930. Something like 1020 would convey that it is a major upgrade better.

I don't think Nokia needs to try and keep pace with the ridiculous Android pace of "innovation" stacking up cores and capability far faster than developers can make apps to make them useful. But they do need to maintain momentum.

I think we will see a 920-like device on Verizon before summer 2013. Depending on whether or not that handset is just equivalent to the 920, a slight upgrade, we'll be able to make an educated guess. I do think we will see a legitimate 920 successor by Fall 2013. Probably Snapdragon S4 Pro, similar to the Nexus 4 in specs, but with more memory, at least 32 GB, maybe even an optional 64 GB model. It will probably be timed to coincide with the first major update of WP8.

I'm not too worried about it though. Until developers make some great apps that can actually benefit from quad cores or 2 GB of RAM, its kind of a moot point. We may even see 1080p resolution if Microsoft makes changes to support FHD in the next major update to WP8.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254