No Nokia Counters for WP8?

dula714

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft didn't screw it up. This wasn't on any WP before Nokia. And its a Nokia exclusive, so at least point the finger in the right direction, Nokia and the carriers.

Which its pretty much a nonissue to me, as I know to watch my data, and use WiFi where I can. I never had a plan with unlimited data, so I've learned to do it from the start. And even WP background apps have always used less data than their Android counterparts for me. I used to hit my cap or come extremely close every month on Android, never hit it with WP.

You might be correct, but the general population does not think that way. And even if you are saying that it uses less data, Microsoft needs to advertise this fact and prove it. I have not seen a single advertisement on Datasense since it is a new feature of Windows Phone 8.

dula714

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Appears Microsoft has given even more cards to the carriers to hold. What if ATT gets this, will it be available for MVNOs? I doubt it, and Microsoft needs to be concentrating on more carrier independent features. Stop giving these shysters even MORE control!

True, I agree.

wheresmybeaver

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I think it'll be a while before many other carriers support datasense, but in the meanwhile I can't see why Nokia wouldn't just update Counters for the Lumia 920. Fingers crossed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254