Phone hangs when swiping up from lock screen

jay_max

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Installed the update to .107 yesterday. Since then, my phone will hang on the "Resuming..." screen when swiping up from the lock screen. The only way out seems to be a reboot. Soft resets have not helped.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
What app is generally running when you lock it? Or is it just automatically doing it no matter what?

Well you have a couple of options, OS wise:
Upgrade the OS or Revert: Update to .122 from the slow/release preview rings, update to Redstone from the fast ring, hard reset to factory (.69).

jay_max

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
It will hang without any apps running. Did a hard reset this morning, mostly helped. Cut the frequency of the hang incidents way down. Will likely join the Insider program to get .122, unless we expect public release of that version soon.

jay_max

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Updated to .122 and still having the hanging issue. May return the phone to T-Mobile and get something else, as it forces me to reboot the phone several times a day.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've mentioned on other Alcatel threads that this device needs to let the OS settle after any update. This phenomenon is limited to the Alcatel as I've never seen it on any other WP8.1 or WM10 phone. Give it a day or so and resist the urge to do soft resets.

Yes, I have the Fierce and yes, I've gone through this and other "loading" and "resuming" issues. It does get better after a few days and it gets quite responsive. Also, make sure all your Store apps are up-to-date.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've had the same experience. Not so much the loading problem but the stupid thing seems to get better with use. I'm running 14267.1004 on it and it's great, which is scary on a new preview build. Apparently my bugs are hiding right now

I do have a problem with Maps not loading, but that's about it.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Updated to .122 and still having the hanging issue. May return the phone to T-Mobile and get something else, as it forces me to reboot the phone several times a day.

I have since abandoned my fierce. It's on the dresser only to be randomly remembered.

What you should is what I did. I am now using a fully unlocked Lumia 1520 which I literally paid only $10 more than the full retail price of the fierce is.

Use swappa.com (I used it) and get yourself last gens flagship. Either a 1520 or if you're open to non Lumia, then a HTC m8 windows.

You can probably find a Lumia 830 unlocked for cheaper than the fierce.

Check out your local WalMart and get the Lumia 640 from art and then unlock it and flash the tmobile rom for their 640 and you'll have a much better phone.

The fierce is alright but was easily the worst experience I have ever had on a windows phone. Not awful but it leaves a lot to be desired when you are used to budget, midrange and flagship Lumia phones.

Now enjoying windows 10 on the beautiful 1520 with Lumia apps on tmobile and I'm so excited :)

jay_max

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I've mentioned on other Alcatel threads that this device needs to let the OS settle after any update. This phenomenon is limited to the Alcatel as I've never seen it on any other WP8.1 or WM10 phone. Give it a day or so and resist the urge to do soft resets.

Yes, I have the Fierce and yes, I've gone through this and other "loading" and "resuming" issues. It does get better after a few days and it gets quite responsive. Also, make sure all your Store apps are up-to-date.

It's been another week, and still have the loading/resuming issues when swiping up from the lock screen. Just had my phone spend 25 minutes on "resuming" before I managed to get the start screen to show. My workaround is to open settings, force close settings, then start will load after a few seconds. Left by itself, the phone will stay on "resuming" until the battery drains. It is really an unacceptable experience.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

In my many years of experience with it: The Lumia 810 needs to let the dust settle after any update as well.

Also, Jay, I'd like to know if you still have the same issue after todays .164 update

jay_max

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
So I downgraded to .63 via WDRT and wiped everything. Did slow upgrades on non-Insider releases over two weeks. Currently on .164. Still have daily lock screen hanging issues...it's erratic and I'm wondering if it happens when the phone is switching from B2/B4 to B12 and back and forth. Otherwise, it makes no sense, no difference as to what programs are running and what aren't. Also, .164 introduced random shut-offs...can happen 6-8 times a day. At this point, I either have a bad unit, or the phone needs a firmware update. I'm glad it didn't cost much, because I'm going to junk it when a new W10M phone for T-Mobile comes out (I need B12 and VOLTE so most all of the Microsoft unlocked handsets won't work for me).

jay_max

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Update: the wonderful folks at T-Mobile are sending me a new Alcatel handset in exchange, as it does appear I have a bad unit. Props to T-Mobile and their awesome customer service.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I think we're going to like Alcatel Support. They've been great in the few conversations I've had with them. And the silver back cover looks great.

Windows Central App
Alcatel Fierce XL (Redstone)

jay_max

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
So I've been using the replacement phone for 10 days now. Staying on production builds, currently .218. Phone works almost flawlessly, and I'm having NONE of the issues I had with the other handset. Clearly it was a defective unit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz