POLL: The NL630's Bezel?Yay or Nay?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The Nokia Lumia 630 looks like a worthy 620 successor, but one thing that really disappoints me is that bezel. Especially since this phone has on screen buttons now, why is there a huge bezel on this phone? I'm sure many will agree that having a bezel this large for a phone that probably doesn't need it is lame.

But what do you guys think? Do you like the bezel, don't care, or hate it? I assume no one "likes" it, but that's what I think. Take the poll and post your replies down below and let us know!

a6uqybyb.jpg

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I think it seems fine. Obvious zero would be incredible, but there has to be a lot of engineering that goes into shrinking that bezel. As you get the price down and down, other things need to be left out. I'd rather shrink the "R&D to decrease bezel" budget than I would want to shrink the "Make sure it won't blow up a battery" budget :-D

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the bezel would be good for holding the phone firmly, with thumb pushing on the front, for gaming or holding the phone still. But I read that the bezel could also help in making the phone slimmer, although, I'm not sure how.

I_m_Snah

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't care much about the bezel (I voted "meh"). I much care about these 4 features that 620 have and it must remain/retain at the 630.:
1. Front camera (it looks like it's gone!)
2. NFC
3. HAAC mics
4. ClearBlack display

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
That's a joke, right?
I agree with BIGPADDY.

As much as I absolutely hate devices with massive bezels for no reason, it makes a lot of sense in a gesture-based OS, and I'd love those bezels if they allow a much larger battery.
Actually, I don't care how large they are, as long as it keeps the device usable (with one hand), the battery large, and the device as a whole look great.

Want to see an exception in my pet peeve for large bezels? The N8(-00). The N9(-00). The Lumia line. Because the bezels serve a purpose.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree with BIGPADDY.

As much as I absolutely hate devices with massive bezels for no reason, it makes a lot of sense in a gesture-based OS, and I'd love those bezels if they allow a much larger battery.
Actually, I don't care how large they are, as long as it keeps the device usable (with one hand), the battery large, and the device as a whole look great.

Want to see an exception in my pet peeve for large bezels? The N8(-00). The N9(-00). The Lumia line. Because the bezels serve a purpose.

Yes, I don't like devices that have zero bezel, but I mean for this case, I hate it, as that bezel is WAY too huge.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I don't like devices that have zero bezel, but I mean for this case, I hate it, as that bezel is WAY too huge.

Based on those Baidu leaks, you're vastly overestimating the bezel.

If it's practically the same size as the 620, then the 2/3-1/3 bezel stricture that some really don't like will go away, resulting in more even bezel. (i.e. bottom bezel shrinks a bit, top bezel expands a bit, a la 920-925/928.)

Unfortunately, due to the lack of capacitive Windows keys, the bezel seems larger than it already is.

Which brings us to this thread.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Based on those Baidu leaks, you're vastly overestimating the bezel.

If it's practically the same size as the 620, then the 2/3-1/3 bezel stricture that some really don't like will go away, resulting in more even bezel. (i.e. bottom bezel shrinks a bit, top bezel expands a bit, a la 920-925/928.)

Unfortunately, due to the lack of capacitive Windows keys, the bezel seems larger than it already is.

Which brings us to this thread.

Because there are no capacitive keys, couldn't they decrease the bezel just a bit?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, bezel is just a serious non-factor to me. It either has the screen size & feature set i want, or doesn't. I have never- including these pictures- seen a phone where I see bezel and think "Well, that makes THAT device ugly."

I am fine with bezel, no bezel, a little bezel, a lotta bezel. Bezel left, bezel right... bezel that glows in the dark.

Just give me a 5" high def screen with nice PPI and gorilla glass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohamed Gamal