Problems with Bluetooth mouse (jerky movements)

CrippsCorner

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi I've been using a Sculpt Comfort Mouse with my original Surface Pro for years. At first I did actually have a problem with movement, which turned out to be a conflict with Wi-Fi... but as soon as I changed over to 5GHz the problem went away.

With my 2017 Surface Pro, the problems are back (albeit not quite as bad) but the Wi-Fi solution hasn't helped, in fact turning of Wi-Fi altogether makes no difference.

I get jerky movements and a delay say every 5 seconds or so. It's also slow to respond when I first start moving it.

I have tried reinstalling and restarting the service.

Surface Support told me to try another Bluetooth mouse, but I don't have one. I do however have other Bluetooth devices running without issue (the same setup I had on my previous Surface, i.e. Bluetooth audio)

Last night after some Googling I found a strange comment saying to disable Cortana! And actually, in my small test (just a minute or so, I needed to get to bed lol) it seems to have helped. Although, it's still slow to respond initially.

I will give it further testing tonight, but has anyone else experienced this yet? It's subtle but enough to be really frustrating, I don't want to have to return this thing :eck:

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Getting multiple bt devices to work together is always kind of an adventure. My galaxy phone has 5 paired devices and they fight over which stays connected and working properly

CrippsCorner

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Just rebooted my Surface from scratch. Installed just the mouse and nothing else, and it still lags :( albeit slightly less. I can't be bothered anymore, have spent 4 days researching and trying to fix this! Shouldn't be like this on a new, expensive product. Just going to send it back for a replacement :grin: I've got the lightbleed issue too so it makes double sense I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv