Requesting 802.11AC troubleshooting help from owners of Lumia 950

nospherato

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Asus-ac87u with dd-wrt.
Mixed mode, no beamforming, qos is used.
-> After few hours Lumia 950 looses Wifi completely. Can not find any Wfifi.
Only reboot works.
No Problems in 2,4Ghz (different SSIDs).

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I read that Microsoft is pushing a Firmware update for the 950. It doesn't list any WiFi changes in the log, but I'd be interested to see if it makes any difference. Anybody get that new firmware yet?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
My 950XL does similar. Except once it loses the 5GHz / 802.11ac connection, it still sees all of the 2.4GHz connections. It just doesn't show any 5GHz ones after that.

For what it's worth, no firmware update yet here.

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I have 950xl and 5ghz keeps dropping after 10 seconds!!! After 10 seconds it won't see any wifi network he only work around is to restart my damn phone We have the same router but I'm using the official firmware of ASUS-AC87u. I've got other devices that can connect to my 5ghz without any problem so I think my 950xl has a defect..

I'm using the official asus firmware as well. Eventually I got my wifi to stay connected but idk why. I do know our router isn't the issue bc every other device worked for me. The wifi was just one of the many issues I had with the phone. Ever try using this website on a windows phone? It's terrible, but guess what? Works like a charm on my new iPhone. Hope Microsoft gets their act together by my next upgrade. The 950 and 950XL was a slap in the face to us fans.

nospherato

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Did some testing yesterday.
With AC only the phones Wifi crashes after like 2min.
I set my 5Ghz to N draft only and well, the phone runs after 26hours still without any problems.
Connected: 400M tx / rx

Randy Sumampong

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I hope this resolve your problem same as I experience before when I got my Lumia 950...

Here is the real problem i see... Our dear Lumia 950 wireless AC support channel 48 and below only... Meaning, you cannot connect to your WIRELESS ROUTER, on any brand, if the channel set (auto or manual) higher than 48. BETTER SET MANUALLY THE CHANNEL OF YOUR WIRELESS ROUTER TO THIS RANGE.

I believe the main problem is within could be the hardware can't support higher channel, or could be on the firmware...

I just, or we, just hope the Microsoft see my comment and do some updates with regards to this..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy