Reserve Windows 10 Mobile ?

Oliver Mould

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I can reserve Win 10 for my PC but can I reserve Win 10 Mobile for Lumia 830 so I get it as soon as it comes out? I'm not an Insider and I don't seem to have carrier restrictions (Vodafone in NZ).

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I think there wont be any, because you get your Windows 10 Mobile Update for free anyways. The reservation is only meant for the First year Free Upgrade program.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Just check automatically download update and that's good to go on the day. If you don't want the free upgrade just uncheck it.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I don't think the reservation program for phones will ever be a thing, as phones will always get future updates for free, until they can no longer handle them hardware wise, just like it has always been.

I think the reservation program is just to get as many Windows users on board and ready to get 10, so that they have it as soon as possible, instead of a year later when they'll have to pay.

MS making mobile users pay for new versions of Windows 10 would blow up in their face really bad! LOL! I don't think they are that dumb

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
There won't be a reservation program since the Windows 10 update still has to be approved by the carriers, and only then will it be pushed onto the phones. And the Windows 10 update varies from carrier to carrier, some can come weeks after they receive it, some months...

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Still not sure why there is a reservation thing for PCs in the first place. It's a digital download, I don't think they are going to run out of copies.

Except it may be a feather in their cap.... "X number of people have already signed up for the Win 10 upgrade!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz