Review, kinda..

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Well..not much to say really. After using this device since..gosh, i can't even remember.. jannuary 2015 (?) i got plenty of time to test it to the limits and back. Couple of times.. and today is that day when drop didn't even hit the glass, it shatered it. I can't, litteraly stand this device anymore. At first it was good(ish) that it have premium aluminium hardware.. cpu was..nah didn't pay atention too much. Work was done and that was important. Well not anymore. I lie myself that i will get use to (in my opinion) worse display then this device deserve but it seem i used 1520 so much that now i detect every single pixel on it. I even go that far that i remove bunch of tiles (i like tiles :sweaty:) so i don't look that ,,fps drop'' when scroll up-down..but no awail. Bigest problem of all (don't even want to talk about that how combo with glance and dttw don't work, screan flicker when glance turn on..very very anoying in nights and battery) is poor performance. Again, i told myself i will get use to ,,resume-loading'' screens but nope. Can't do. Too much of them make me start to hate this phone. Speaking of cpu.. Microsoft calls it ,,afordable flagship" well it isn't. SoC 400 use my gf's 630 and that's it entry-low mid phone. Good midranger should use 600series.. it's basic sence here. Low end-SoC 200, Entry mid-SoC 400, mid-high mid (afordable flagship)SoC 600 and reserve 800 series for high end devices; my logic ofcourse. Now i'm looking for other phones.. to bad Microsoft don't have bunch of midrangers (atleast better then this one) so i will try to get 930 or wait..if i can, next year and hope Microsoft come out with some updated version of it. By the way i was thinking about 640xl. Before i even pay attention to details, hardware seem..basic rainbow lumia, it's cheap concider i pay full price for 830.. but rewievs (camera expecialy because that is on my priority list) say it's just biger 830 in terms of specifications.. so i'm in limbo here. Just ranting and eating cookies, and i'm done on ranting so cookies time !
Ps. If you plan to get 830, get it used not new. Save money don't pay full price.. you might not like it.. or even get you horses back, wait some time to gatter some money and get 930.

My 2c :grincry::excited:

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
so, not a review, but a rant session??
,,Kinda'' haha
we all do get ,,grey'' days now and then..

About 950/XL.. i'm super excited. Now, i only need to wait for them to go on sale..and couple of more till price go down, that's probably 6-12mnth mark and then i will able to get them-or be able to sell 1520 & 830 and save enough money to get them. They are expencive for me. To much money to invest in that, maybe some incoming midranger, who knows.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I understand were your coming from. I came from a 1520 and the 830s performance is definitely not up to that big sob. I still like the 830 and the update just pushed out made a big difference. That being said the 950 is calling me.

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I understand were your coming from. I came from a 1520 and the 830s performance is definitely not up to that big sob. I still like the 830 and the update just pushed out made a big difference. That being said the 950 is calling me.

I agree, I like my 830 very much despite some annoyances, performance can be slow, and the GPS drops a lot (no one else seems to complain about that so maybe it's just my device?). The new update did speed it up particularly the camera. Like you I'm looking forward to the 950; I have a year left on my contract so will pick up a 950 after it's been out a year and the prices have gone down a bit (unless something even better has come along?).

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
,,Kinda'' haha
we all do get ,,grey'' days now and then..

About 950/XL.. i'm super excited. Now, i only need to wait for them to go on sale..and couple of more till price go down, that's probably 6-12mnth mark and then i will able to get them-or be able to sell 1520 & 830 and save enough money to get them. They are expencive for me. To much money to invest in that, maybe some incoming midranger, who knows.

So, you could buy a 640 to hold you over for 6-12 months until the 950 is more affordable?

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my 830 for 2 weeks now and it feels great. Maybe compared to a 1520 it might feel slow, but my previous phone was a 620, so the 830 is a decent upgrade :D

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Get a 3410 the screens are quite robust ��

those things are tanks..... MANY years ago, i left one on the rook of my jeep.... as I was driving down the road, i heard my ringtone, but couldn't find it. once i hit 60 mph, i heard it roll down the roof of the jeep and in the rear view mirror saw it it the asphalt and break apart.

I pulled over, picked up the pieces, put it back together and used it for another year or 2!

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Sorry. I'm with you, Marko. The back on mine lets loose and the whole thing crashes to the floor. Of course the screen is shattered - been living with it like that for months while I figure out what to do. ATT won't help, Nokia won't help, I've had it 6 months and all this started happening 2 weeks after I got it.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the latest build on this device and so far it is pretty amazing.
Sure there is a couple of wrong with the software but nothing to lose sleep over.
It is way more faster than 8.1 especially for web browsing. File explorer works good too.
One problem I have is when I open the messaging app and click on one name the k-board does come up and I don't see what is written. So I have to click on the back arrow to have the k-board disappeared.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the latest build on this device and so far it is pretty amazing.
Sure there is a couple of wrong with the software but nothing to lose sleep over.
It is way more faster than 8.1 especially for web browsing. File explorer works good too.
One problem I have is when I open the messaging app and click on one name the k-board does come up and I don't see what is written. So I have to click on the back arrow to have the k-board disappeared.

I thought it may have just been me, but I'm really liking Win10 on the 830 as well...after some real rough builds and doubts.

The latest build does indeed feel smoother and snappier than 8.1. There are still bugs, of course, and somethings that I don't like about Win10, but overall it's given some longevity to my 1 year old 830, I think. In fact, it's running so well now (all things considered) that I don't think I can justify springing for a 950/XL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz