Samsung Galaxy TabPro S Bugs & Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
While we hope there won't be any, as long as we're human, there will be bugs and defects. Here's the place to put them :wink:

Basic tip: If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything

Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn?t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you?ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren?t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.

Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You?ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again

hbahaie

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
The first problem with me after 3 days of usage is the battery, I cannot get more than 6 hours of usage with only internet browsing and some office work, the screen brightnes is 25%, any help?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The first problem with me after 3 days of usage is the battery, I cannot get more than 6 hours of usage with only internet browsing and some office work, the screen brightnes is 25%, any help?

Hey sorry, I was MIA for a bit. Did you manage to resolve this?

Battery can take about a week or so to be calibrated correctly or the tab might need a firmware update.

Apart from that, I would consider background processes as a culprit as well

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I've had my TabPro S about 2 weeks and battery life is not very good. Maybe 4 to 5 hours before going down to about 15%, the point where I feel like I need to charge again. I'm hoping this improves with updates.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Another issue has popped up.... my cursor simply disappears (when using the track pad, not a mouse) and I have to restart to get it back. Anyone else have this happen and is there a fix?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Leonard Lache

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone! I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my TabPro S and all is good except for the fact that the Extras menu under Settings does not appear anymore. This is frustrating because I cannot control the amoled settings anymore. All drivers are updated and all Samsung apps work well. Any idea what might cause this? Is it possible to sideload the settings menu or is it a hidden feature that must be unlocked? Thank you!

dgozalie

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello

I am the new owner of tabpro s. I notice that the cursor of the trackpad seems too jumpy and too sensitive... any workaround ?

Donny

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I have problems using the Pen; when I open Windows Ink Workspace, like using the sketchbook or making a note on a screen picture, and close it, then the Workspace does not open again, it is simply unresponsive. It is somewhat frustrating as it cancels any added value by Windows Ink.

Only workaround is to restart the device or lately it was enough to wait some minutes but that is a no-go since I do not have always the time to just wait until I am again ready to make notes or comment on a screen picture.

Hello everyone! I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my TabPro S and all is good except for the fact that the Extras menu under Settings does not appear anymore. This is frustrating because I cannot control the amoled settings anymore. All drivers are updated and all Samsung apps work well. Any idea what might cause this? Is it possible to sideload the settings menu or is it a hidden feature that must be unlocked? Thank you!

I had this problem too and in this thread I wrote what I found out: click

Last edited:

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I have problems using the Pen; when I open Windows Ink Workspace, like using the sketchbook or making a note on a screen picture, and close it, then the Workspace does not open again, it is simply unresponsive. It is somewhat frustrating as it cancels any added value by Windows Ink. ...

There is another workaround, it seems: I disabled every option in the menu of Windows Ink for the Pen's shortcut keys and only activate Windows Ink Workspace manually from the taskbar and so far I had no more problems. Maybe it is an issue with the driver of the Pen and Windows Ink.

enotar

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
reinstalled windows fresh all ok!
reinstalled Samsung Update and all soft, all OK

I still don't find the extra setting for Samsung and amoled in windows settings, any idea?

lodup29

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Anybody else is experiencing an issue where the keyboard sometimes fails to connect while switching between tablet and desktop modes? When it occurs trying to disconnect and reconnect the keyboard is useless. Only rebooting the tablet does the trick. Moreover a soft reboot is then not possible. Windows is stalled on the reboot screen. Only a hard reboot (by pressing the power button for ~10 secs) will succeed. The drivers and bios firmware are up to date yet it looks like a software bug given the fact that both symptoms go by pair (stalled reboot and keyboard connection issue). It pretty much started from day one so I?m skeptical that performing a factory reset can help.

hammera

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Anyone having problems with bluetooth and/or the Pen? Brought my lad one for his birthday and it worked really well for the first couple of hours. He then updated to the latest firmware and now nothing will connect over bluetooth (including the pen) and the pen is not detected anywhere in Windows although it is detected in non-Windows stuff like UEFI settings and Samsung recovery.

We've tried a factory reset (twice), updating drivers (not that Samsung seem to make their drivers available outside of their app, which is most annoying), uninstalling and reinstalling devices - nothing seems to make a difference.

Julie-ger Miranda

Jul 14, 2022
Visit site
Hi All,

My galaxy tabpro s keyboard is not functional now.. whenever I connect the keyboard the "rotate on" is always toggling. I was not able to use it with keyboard. Can anybody help me to fix it? is there any way to fix it?

Thanks a lot!
Jules

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

My galaxy tabpro s keyboard is not functional now.. whenever I connect the keyboard the "rotate on" is always toggling. I was not able to use it with keyboard. Can anybody help me to fix it? is there any way to fix it?

Thanks a lot!
Jules

Please feel free to post your question over on our sister-site: AndroidCentral.com for the fastest responses

[thread closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788