Setting up google accounts PROBLEM

jaideepv1234

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Dear,

I recently sold my Lumia 830 and 930 and bought 950xl. it is good. BUT BUT ...erhh rrhh ...

there is the problem, when I was setting up the google email accounts. I have 2 professional and one personal account on google. without email access on mobile, the mobile is fully useless for me.

For first, I entered my personal gmail account it got set up. while doing the same for other two professional google accounts, lumia 950 xl is showing message "something went wrong We are sorry, but we were unable to do that Error Code - 0x8000000b".

I tried to change the location and date but the problem persist. if this problem does not go. then I will burn my lumia 950xl and never never return to it again in my life.

This is very frustrating. but on my lumia 830 and 930 this problem has never occurred.

Please help guys.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I suggest u reset ur phone, then make another attempt. I have 5 emails constantly working flawless from day 1, and it was almost 3 yrs ago now.

jaideepv1234

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Dear frnds,
I did reset the phones at least 5 times. I check the updates and it said the phone is updated. I was very disappointed. I came fro iPhone X. infant my 930 never had any type of problems. it was working flawlessly. 950xl has many problems, it rebooted automatically, no notification coming down. I wanted to try last time. I hope it will work. pls suggest me some other things.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@jaideepv1234
Ok maybe it is this. I had to do thCheck you google account settings. For Google unless you use a Google app to connect gmail it thinks any other app is insecure. Go to your google account and look for an option like this Allow less secure apps: and check if that is toggled to ON.

jaideepv1234

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
@nate0 - thanks for the advice but. I checked it was off and I turned it on for my personal gmail account (which is already linked NO Problem) the main problem is about the my other 2 gmail accounts which was given by university. Those, accounts I can not check less secure apps. Any help. I am about through my 950xl in full frustration. I dont understand why this problem does not existed in my 930. and why only 950xl?? some bugs, I am on 1709 build which is latest I believe.
Thank You in advance and waiting for your suggestions.

jaideepv1234

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Guys please help me. I am really frustrated. Everything is ok with 950xl. only the email setting up problem. can downgrading (if possible) be a possible solution??

thanks.

jaideepv1234

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
no ... honestly, I have never tried...I don know even how it works.can I add my all gmail accounts?? my problem is 930 has all emails accounts and working flawlessly but the battery was very bad and screen and camera is not good so I bought 950xl and everything is good only email is not working which is very very important for me. Thanks.

jaideepv1234

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
sorry ..this is so strange that in my 950xl, my personal gmail account is working fine and now another professional account is working ok but the third (from my university IUSS) it is giving the problem "Your IUSS settings are out of date"

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If you wanted to add the Exchange account manually you would use in the account setup "Advanced Setup".

If it is saying to "Fix Account" or whatever settings are out of date. Try to remove the account and re-add it.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@nate0 - yes... I did it many times... any other solutions Pls ??

Is the error still 0x8000000b?

Also what version of Outlook mail and OS version are you on?

I have an edu account too. To me if you can login to the Portal via EDGE and check it and it just does not work in Outlook but the other account does something fishy is happening. I would check with your School IT personnel as well to see what maybe could be causing it.

Does your iphone/Android phone connect to all these accounts with no issues?

jaideepv1234

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes the error is still there. My iPhone and even lumia 830 and 930 were connecting to all three gmail accounts and were working flawlessly.

Just when I shifted to 950xl only because of the good camera all the email problems started. Currently I am on os build 10.0.15254.530, version 1709.

What is EDGE ?? pls tell me more about it. thanks

my professional accounts are xxx@Eucentre.it and xxx@iusspavia.it ... everywhere it is working fine. even on my blackberry passport previously without any problem.

Can you give me your email so I can ask my it guy to talk with you.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes the error is still there. My iPhone and even lumia 830 and 930 were connecting to all three gmail accounts and were working flawlessly.

Just when I shifted to 950xl only because of the good camera all the email problems started. Currently I am on os build 10.0.15254.530, version 1709.

What is EDGE ?? pls tell me more about it. thanks

my professional accounts are xxx@Eucentre.it and xxx@iusspavia.it ... everywhere it is working fine. even on my blackberry passport previously without any problem.

Can you give me your email so I can ask my it guy to talk with you.

I cannot give you my email sorry. I stopped doing IT support of that kind years ago. EDGE = I was referring to Microsoft Edge. Can you login via the web and get to it from the Lumia 950 XL.

Seems to me it could be a two step verification issue. The 930/830 might still have it synced because they were setup long before the step was turned on maybe. It is hard to say. I would go into your email settings and double check the security or check with your IT person to make sure.

Also what outlook app version number is it?

Also I see in another thread you posted this same concern and stated you turned on IMAP or POP access. Can these connect via Exchange? If you keep flipping them back and forth it could get confusing. I use IMAP for Gmail if I use it. I leave it alone after that.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It could be that mail account needs an App sepcific pw to allow client access. If so you can search how To update Windows 10 Mail to use an Application Specific Password.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckMcScrooge