Surface 2 Screen Brightness?

BassSoLow

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello all...sorry if this is a repeat thread. I'm just looking for some help.
I got my surface 2 rt yesterday and it's really cool.

However...sometimes the screen brightness keeps going brighter and darker. Almost in a pattern type way. It's not a very drastic change at all. Most noticeable on white and lighter screens.

I assume this is the auto brightness sensor being over zealous maybe?

Kinda freaks my eyes out a bit though.

Is this a known issue? Any fixes or work around solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

BassSoLow

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I tried that, but all it does is shut of the auto brightness and there is a toggle for that in the settings. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
See if it still happens in a controlled environment. Perhaps a table where the lighting doesn't change and you don't have to move the Surface. Then see if the problems persists.

livekyle

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to tell you but it has nothing to with the auto brightness. The S2 adjusts the brightness according to the screen content. It has been discussed in another thread which I am too lazy to dig out now, sorry : )
I'm sure you will find it by searching the forum for "auto brightness" or something...
BTW, the effect can be minimized by using a rather high screen brightness because than your eye won't notice it that much (I've played around with this quite a bit haha). But if you use a low (or even the lowest) setting the "flickering" can be quite annoying!

Edit: Oh well, turns out I'm not that lazy after all: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...justing-according-screen-browser-content.html : )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maritku