T-Mobile frequency bands?

Qiyamata

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I was planning on getting the Yezz Billy WP but I read somewhere that it would only get 2G on Tmo. Is this true? Also would the Blu Win HD work on Tmos 3G? There's 2 diff models from what I can tell a 510U and 510L, im really confused on which one Amazon would send me. Btw in using MetroPCS on a 521 atm.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You didn't say if it was the Billy 4 or 4.7... Either way it might have issues with T-Mo.

Part of the problem is T-Mo refarming 1700 MHz to LTE. In those areas where there is no LTE, H+ or 3G is on that 1700. No 1700 on the Yezz Billy phones for 3G. So yeah, EDGE or 2G. In areas where LTE is on 1700, then T-Mo reverts to 850 uplink/1900 downlink for H+/3G, just like AT&T. So either Billy would get H+ but only in refarmed areas and they are not huge swaths - just individual cities right now.

Yezz Billy 4.7 vs. Yezz Billy 4 - GSMArena.com

Blu does have 2 models... The Jr and the HD.

The HD is the better match with 850/1900/1700 on the H+/3G in the w510u variant. Jr has the same issue as Yezz with bad compatibility across refarmed and old school areas.

Contact the Blu seller on eBay and make sure you get the w510u model. I assume that is dealing directly with Blu?

OR

Buy Unlocked BLU Win HD - Microsoft Store

Microsoft Store chat assured me they have the HD in the w510u you need...

Capture.PNG

Michael Tillman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
You must be careful. I got a Blu Win HD and a Nokia Lumia 625, I really love the phones but only use them in the ft Lauderdale area because it's refarmed. When I get a few miles west I go down to Edge and 2G is just miserably slow. Why can't TMOBILE get a midrange Windows phone? Is 1 GB RAM with front facing camera and flash too much to ask for? Lumia 530 (I have one) is cute and so is 635 but their too low end. HTC M8 is awesome but $250 over my price range! Tmobiles annoying frequencies make it so hard to get an unlocked phone from another carrier!

Qiyamata

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you both, im mostly in Brandon/Valrico and Lakeland areas here in Florida. I was going to get the Blu HD through Amazon, is there a way to let them know I want the 510U variant when ordering?

Nvm this is it

http://www.amazon.com/5-Inch-Window...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2885851

Seems to have major touch issues while plugged in, just read the reviews.

Microsoft is starting to get on my nerves, no decent budget Lumia phones with sd slot, 1gb ram, ffc and rear flash that are widely available. My budget is around $220 and I guess this is the best piece of **** I can get. Tmo/Metro needs good WP's. Was excited for the first 6 months using my 521, but now im just angry and irritated. Ms fu... Lousy WP sucks.

Every one here always talks about how great it is, its really a turd that's been polished. The OS isn't all that ground breaking tbh its quite simple and bland, missing apps and good games from the store also. Cant root either.

They care more about their service's on other platforms then their own.

Regret selling my LG G2.

Well fk it, ill just get the pos Win HD.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well there are plenty of options if you look around. For example, you can buy any Rogers/TELUS unlocked phones from eBay. Or buy a T-Mobile Lumia 925 for cheap. There are also other options like the RM-985 Lumia 830, Rogers Lumia 920, Rogers Lumia 1020, Lumia 1520.3, T-Mobile Lumia 925, Samsung Ativ S T899M, T-Mobile HTC One M8 Windows, HTC 8X, etc. These are some of the previous/current Gen high/mid end WP devices which should let you use T-Mobile's HSPA+ and LTE (except the HTC 8X)

Qiyamata

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
^ Edited post above.

Thanks though.

The Yezz Billy 4.7 would of been perfect for me but Tmo bands for 3g not supported, dam im so mad im crying at work.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow... I'm sorry your enthusiasm soured so quickly. Looking at the reviews on the Amazon link you sent; they seem positive in the majority.

If you have not purchased yet... Here is a nice looking T-Mo Lumia 925 on Swappa. Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile) For Sale - ZRV647 - $220 > Swappa

Comes with a case and list is $220... Read the comments, seller says he'll accept $210.

Lumia 925 is a great all-around WP and the best low-light, no-flash shooter I've ever used. It does have flash - I'm just saying the sensor is fantastic on it. 16GB, no SD slot. Would run all T-Mo data speeds for sure.

Steven Penner

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you try the Lumia 735 RM-1039 (available through B&H Photo)? Works great on T-Mobile LTE, HSPA+, and HSPA. Just travelled from Seattle to San Diego and never had less than H+ except through the mountain pass between Oregon and California, and most often LTE was available. VERY IMPORTANT that you get the RM-1039 (Latin American) version, as it has the T-Mobile (and ATT) bands. The RM-1038 version is no good for US carriers. Love it, and for $300 it hits all your requirements.

Qiyamata

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you try the Lumia 735 RM-1039 (available through B&H Photo)? Works great on T-Mobile LTE, HSPA+, and HSPA. Just travelled from Seattle to San Diego and never had less than H+ except through the mountain pass between Oregon and California, and most often LTE was available. VERY IMPORTANT that you get the RM-1039 (Latin American) version, as it has the T-Mobile (and ATT) bands. The RM-1038 version is no good for US carriers. Love it, and for $300 it hits all your requirements.

Decent price, the 735 I've wanted since it came out. Just not good at saving money.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Usher2hell