Tempered Glass for the 950xl

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Theres no defect with the screen or weird angled edges. It's simply a case of crappy made screen protectors. I've purchased the one from Tudia and Fosmon on Amazon (tried the Fosmon for giggles after having to get replacement for first phone). They've both sealed perfectly. There may be some small bubbles around an edge or two at first. But just apply some constant pressure and massage it out til it's gone and stuck on well.

Are you sure it is Fosman tempered glass? I don't see glass ones just the regular protectors. I have no doubt those work since not rigid.

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a 950. When I purchased my phone at AT&T I also purchased the Bodyguardz ScreenGuardz Pure. All the cutouts work with the 950. I also do not have any lift anywhere on the screen.

ReachJasonHere

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
If you look at your screen without a protector on it and hold it so you can see a light reflection on the edges, then slowly move the screen you'll probably see what I did. The corners of the phone screen are slightly "more bent" in the corners. So these protectors are not lifting, they simply cannot defy physics forever and eventually pull away from the glass as they return to the flat shape they were manufactured with. I'm on my second tempered glass and have just accepted it. Some are better than others but if you want a rigid protector, you'll have funky corners -at least with th XL if it's anything like mine. The bigger issue is to be sure you don't cover sensors at the top.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site

Simon Hefford

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I have thoroughly checked my XL and can find no curve whatsoever on the screen, I used a metal ruler on its edge and it's dead flat, so I'm not convinced about the curve, I'd also like to point out the glass only lifts on on corner.

Just waiting to find a decent pouch to put this phone in also.

Off topic but glad to say since the latest update, all the bugs my phone had have now vanished, very pleased, get my new rear backing tomorrow (leather) hope it's an improvement over the original squeaky moving rear case,sorry MS but poor show on a ?500 pound phone, pitiful rear cover.

sanien

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes no glass works for 950XL 😒 Tried 2 already and both lifted on all corners. Don't want to wast more money, I have insurance so if the phone breaks I get a new one.

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The corners on my XL are not flat.

If I use the screen as a mirror to reflect something, when this "thing" approaches the corner it becomes out of focus (curved). So it is not completely flat. It is like I am looking at the back of a spoon.

nomadph

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
The store told me the warranty is protected from screen cracks and shatters. I also purchased an extra 1yt warranty just for this case. Anyway you shouldn't worry about scratched on g4 glasses unless you need anti glare.

Simon Hefford

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I've read four different posts on here from people who have scratched the G4 glass, one of them from his keys in his pocket, so it's certainly possible, just to clear that up.

Secondly if the screen is curved then these glass protectors will never work and the companies selling them should refund for them as they are not fit for purpose , maybe something to chase up ?

As for the glass actually being bevelled at the edges and it not possible for this glass to fit, mine only lifts in one corner not all four ???

Just pouring more into the thought process here.

Alpoehi

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello Everybody

I have the same Problems with the lifting Edges.

Today i received this e-mail from the Glass Company.

"In addition, our recent finding that Microsoft has up to three different display suppliers. In a few of a particular supplier, the composition of the glass Sylikat is different, so that silicon of each armored glass can not form the adhesive effect. We are working on a solution"

Maybe this helps someone to understand the Problem. Sorry for my bad Englisch.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got my "Mr Shield" 950XL glass protector and it works a lot better than the previous TRU protector I had. It doesn't adhere completely around the screen, in the upper left hand corner, you can see it's not completely adhered about 2mm in on each side, about 1cm wide and 1.5cm tall. Like an inverted L. It's really not bad, compared to many others of these that I've tried and in fact it's pretty darn perfect everywhere else. I'd definitely buy again.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
My 950xl has all 4 corners ever so slightly bent downwards
i.e glass is not perfectly flat at the corners

(you can only see it looking at reflections of things in the glass
when the phones turned off or on glance)

Im sure its just my lemon but might explain this :?)

sluggish_user

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Four corners not flat and lifting screen protector here. I can see the curve when reflecting something, it's small but enough for glass not adhering properly.

xtrememanix

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
The Fosmon glass protector has been the best at staying down on the 4 corners for me. its a thinner glass so that may be why.

just need a few more confirmation regarding the Fosmon glass protector. is it really better at staying down ? if so i will probably get it for my phone.

Simon Hefford

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Sadly the cases make the situation worse in three I have tried, they push the corners up.

I've given up on them sadly now and now put a Skinomi skin on the screen instead, again you cannot use a case with these either as it will push the skin up and wrinkle it.

I've used this skin around the entire phone and now just keep it in a leather wallet,must being very careful not to drop the phone !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788