There is something weird!

Al Gihuni

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I still don't know what is happening really, but, I see this damn thing is downloading from now and then.

(Title is for sale) ?

1 - Copy.png

2 - Copy.png

the second one appeared after I cancelled the first one.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: I catched first virus for Windows Phone? Yeah!

You may have just accidentally clicked on an ad. I know I've done that every now and again.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
No, it generally takes you to the marketplace where you would have to confirm if you want to purchase. I have a hard time believing it's a virus.

I'm curious if someone hacked your account on the web and sent those apps to your phone?

I don't want to know your password, but is it something short that might be easy to hack? And/or is your xblive password the same one you use to access the email account you used to log into your xbl account? You should have those passwords separate.

Al Gihuni

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

No, it generally takes you to the marketplace where you would have to confirm if you want to purchase. I have a hard time believing it's a virus.

No, I'm sure, I never did that. I even can't find like these apps on the store. can anyone?

I'm curious if someone hacked your account on the web and sent those apps to your phone?
I don't want to know your password, but is it something short that might be easy to hack? And/or is your xblive password the same one you use to access the email account you used to log into your xbl account? You should have those passwords separate

Oh man, you are fearing me.. it is my developer account!!

Last edited:

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

So clicking on an ad can download something like an application from store?

Not necessarily but ads are sometimes on the bottom, so is the install button. If you accidentally clicked the bottom of the left side of the screen twice, you could've installed it. I know this because the WPCentral app did it to me with the audible app

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I think sinime is is saying makes sense. You have an account compromise and its probably someone you know doing it. Beyond that, I don't see "virus" in what you're posting or the enthusiasm at which you do it. I think it is something more likely that someone you know has added apps to your phone. You should check your credit statement. At least use a password to the store as a rule.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Those are podcasts. You probably subscribed to one of the channels by mistake in the podcast section of the market.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah a podcast makes more sense.. Did you maybe let someone play with your phone and they subscribed to the podcast on accident (or purpose)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akashdeep3469