What about the L820?

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Everything I'm seeing and reading is about the L920. I can understand that being probably the best device of the year when released. Also I keep reading about the 8x but nothing at all on the L820 so what is the deal on the watered down Lumia that every carrier will get. why haven't we seen or heard anything about this device? not that I'm going to buy it if it comes down to the L820 or the 8x right now I think the 8x would have the advantage but I would still like to know more about.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Wpcentral has covered it extensively, mentioning it frequently in 920 articles as well as a number of dedicated articles. What would you like to know?

It get's only a brief mention and Wpc has covered the L920 extensively not the L820 though they and everyone else has given it a token mention. I see this Moring that Nokia Poweruser has mentioned it perhaps they glanced at this thread question.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
820 has SD Card Support to expand that 8gb to 32 to match hd in the 920..
Removable Battery and Removable Covers which 920 does not have
Price

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I understand that it has some features that the L920 doesn't have the SD card which makes it equal to the L920 the removable covers to me is not a plus because for me it would or could make the device feel more plastic and less solid than that of the L920. the battery isn't much of an issue for me though I understand to some it's a major issue. as for me the major issue is the WVGA screen, still however there is very little being said about this device. When articles are written it's about the L920 and a token mention to the L820. I guess really we wont know anything about how this devices feels until we can get our hands on it. but as it stands right now the 8x has a slight edge on it simply because of the quality of the screen res.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Even though it's still at WVGA resolution, it still has the PureMotion tech, which means no blur and a highly sensitive display. So all those demos with gloves and keys being used on a screen will still work in the 820.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@Winning Guy ..True but then from what we are seeing the 8x is coming in with a pretty nice display and one nice camera with a wide angle front cam. Just seen a video on it working looks to me as it's very nice.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
@Winning Guy ..True but then from what we are seeing the 8x is coming in with a pretty nice display and one nice camera with a wide angle front cam. Just seen a video on it working looks to me as it's very nice.

Surely the 820 is actually being pitched against the 8S, as both are mid spec units, rather than flagships.

And in that respect, the faster processor, NFC, potential wireless charging, etc make the 820 a better proposition than the 8S.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Yes.

They both have strengths. And people will choose based on what is important to them personally.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Surely the 820 is actually being pitched against the 8S, as both are mid spec units, rather than flagships.

And in that respect, the faster processor, NFC, potential wireless charging, etc make the 820 a better proposition than the 8S.

In my opinion, 920 is leaps and bounds above other WP flagship phones. So it sort of makes sense to compare the 820 instead.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

And twice the RAM. And larger battery. And higher MP camera.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, 920 is leaps and bounds above other WP flagship phones. So it sort of makes sense to compare the 820 instead.

There is no Question about that at all. The L920 when it comes to market hands down will be the best mobile device ...Shame really that it wasn't offered to all the carriers like the L820 for it was it would have been lights out for just about every device out there. I just seen the Q&A on the L820 which said very little other than it can handle a 64 SD card. and that even though it's not GG it still can resist scratches. it's still pretty watered down screen res is very important on the experience of using a smart phone when your looking at owning it for two years or so. my L710 feels pretty cheap because of the removable covers on one cover the name Nokia is half on the N-0 has long fallen off. I'll have to hold this device against the 8x but I have this feeling it's not going to feel as solid of a device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny