What color will you choose for the Surface Laptop?

Lych

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Platinum is nice, but too "basic". It's the safe bet, essentially. Your run-of-the-mill gray laptop.
I'm torn between burgundy and graphite gold.
Initially I thought I'd like the blue one, but somehow it seems...off. But then again that's a personal preference.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Loc Ngo
I think MS is waiting for feedbacks from customers before decide to expand the colour choices to the other variants and markets. But I would go for either the burgundy or cobalt if I ever bought one.

https://www.microsoftstore.com.cn/surface/surface-laptop/p/2065-00000

SL in China has the different colors too, so it's not just in the US anymore. Given that China is the #2 market for MS, having it for there too makes sense. I still suspect they don't have enough production scale to make all the colors for every market, or for every SKU. Hope they sell well, and can later increase their production to offer more choices in other SKU or markets.

shahchintan

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I like Platinum and if we have choice then i would select Platinum. It looks amazing. Why Platinum? because this color is something which suits in every profession. It will look good in my client meeting. It will look good in my photography session which i generally conduct to help my friend's company. It will look good in my personal life also. Platinum color suits everywhere. So Platinum...

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I like Platinum and if we have choice then i would select Platinum. It looks amazing. Why Platinum? because this color is something which suits in every profession. It will look good in my client meeting. It will look good in my photography session which i generally conduct to help my friend's company. It will look good in my personal life also. Platinum color suits everywhere. So Platinum...

hey shahchintan, great points. the "professional" look would match with platinum in all of those situations. nice to see in your case it would match no matter the environment youre in. too bad burgundy isnt in that "professional" look category. :p

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
My favourite colour is red and burgundy looks really nice to me so I think I'd be getting that one :D

hello. same here! red is my favorite color so burgundy was immediately my favorite color. its such a rare color to see on electronics, maybe the first of its kind for a laptop?

Last edited:

Gerade_Kurve

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I think I would go with Platinum as I really like the Overall look of the Grey Shell. While the other Colors look great on the Keyboard area I do not like the Burgundy Shell. Also I do not know why Color Options are only available on one model and only in the US

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
While the other Colors look great on the Keyboard area I do not like the Burgundy Shell.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

hahaha jk. i think because its such a new product that microsoft wants to test it in the u.s. before a worldwide release. probably also some things with tariffs etc. but im sure it will be released in more markets eventually. look at the u.k., next month the surface studio will finally be released there after being on the market in the u.s. since mid-december or over half a year.

PmNoLb

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Got to admit that they have chosen some great colours but I'd personally go for the cobalt blue!
I'd love to know what it feels like to type on an Alcantara keypad!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria