What is your favorite screen size?

rellyrellz

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had the 1520 for a week now and I'm starting to get use to the size but I do wish it was at 5 inches instead of 6. I think it being at 5", it would be perfect.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm on Verizon. Some of the stores don't carry many Windows Phones. Plus they don't sell the 822 any longer. They can still be found online though.

Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 822, Black (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Accessories

Maybe you should try Craigslist or eBay and buy a used used one for $100 or so and give it a try. I still have my 822 as a backup and thought I would activate it and sell my 928. One day and I was back on my 928; screen on 822 seemed so small. Can't wait until the ICON is available.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I guess 5 inches is a sweet spot..I use 720 4.3 in and think its too small...where as my 1320 at 6 inches feels too big..though i am loving this 1320 s screen real estate practically 5 inches would have been perfect for all the purposes...but provided it is windows and has that third column of tiles...

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I currently have an 8X, and with its 4.3" display, while perfect for me at the time, is too small currently. I would prefer to bump that up a little, maybe to 4.5 or 4.7. Nothing beyond 5.2". The LG G2 got it perfect.

Igor Tomic

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 520 has a perfect screen, 4 inches. I love it. U dont really need a bigger screen, only if your hands are huge and u cant type very well.

Sent with my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Had the GS3 4.8", moved to Note 2, 5.5", then to the 928 @ 4.5". I'd love to have a 5" screen size as I found the Note 2 just a little too awkward and the 928 a little small for gaming and streaming videos. Also a bit small for replying to an email with more than a couple sentences. I find myself hitting one of the soft keys often, booting me from the screen or mistyping one of the bottom row characters of the on screen keyboard.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
4.0-4.3"

Unfortunately that's not where the market's going, so my next phone will probably be bigger (even though I prefer it not to be).

emigrating

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
After having had my 1520 for a couple weeks I'm gonna say 6". It's like others have said, all other phones feels like toys now.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The 4.3 inch screen on my 820 is perfect. If I need a bigger screen I reach for my 8 inch Toshiba Encore tablet. With the 8 inch form factor getting interesting, perhaps the rise of the huge phones will be reversed.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
As much as I love my 1520, It is a large phone, and not the most comfortable for talking on when held against the ear. The 920 was one of the best devices I've had in terms of size, and it was easy to use one-handed. My 1520 definitely requires two hands for comfortable use. Having said that, I am able to take advantage of the larger display on the 1520 in ways that I couldn't with the 4.5" display on the 920.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a 820 and find it great; small enought to carry; but big enough to do everything you want to do. But then I have a 7" tablet for things that need a bigger screen. I could live with a 4.5 or a little larger; but nothing over that in a smartphone. Thats what tablets are for (I have two, 7" and 8.9"). If you can't affort a tablet and a smart phone I could see having a big phone. But its not for me. You can much better cover all the bases with a smaller phone and a tablet. Than one device.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a 820 and find it great; small enought to carry; but big enough to do everything you want to do. But then I have a 7" tablet for things that need a bigger screen. I could live with a 4.5 or a little larger; but nothing over that in a smartphone. Thats what tablets are for (I have two, 7" and 8.9"). If you can't affort a tablet and a smart phone I could see having a big phone. But its not for me. You can much better cover all the bases with a smaller phone and a tablet. Than one device.

With the 4.5 screen the problem that I am faced with being right handed is that with my short thumb I can't reach the top left of the screen comfortable. In order for me to reach the top left screen I have to use two hands. What about the right handed users? With short thumbs the top right would be a hassle. That's why perhaps a 4.3 screen would be good for me or anyone else who has stubby fingers.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv