Wife's 920 is dying...what to do, what to do?

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello WPCentral forums,

I'm not sure where to post this, since it's not device specific, but I'm curious what you all think. My wife's 920 is having straingt audio problems and other quirkiness. So, given that I expect it to die completely in the coming months, what should I do for her?

I want to make sure she sticks with WP, so I'm trying to avoid just telling her to get an iPhone. She would hate Android so that's out. The obvious problem is that we are fresh out of new, high-end Lumias that are NOT phablets (she doesn't want the 1520, which I have, because it's just too big for her--fair enough).

So, I could see:

1. Get her a 530 until something better comes along like a 1020 successor or 925 successor or,
2. Get a 635 until something better comes along, or...
3. Try to make the 920 live a bit longer and hope MS comes through with a new high end Lumia (or Surface) phone soon.

What would you do?

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Should have mentioned, we're on AT&T...so we can't get a Lumia 930 with any kind of reasonable (American) pricing...which is incredibly irritating because that's the perfect phone for her.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
#3 - try a Backup (backup photos / videos / songs / docs separately), then Hard reset to see if this clears anything up. Those issues could be software driven ...
If she really likes the phone, you can pickup a new L920 reasonably.

Take a look @ Easy Transfer, fast / intuitive data transfer over WiFi network ...

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
920s are fairly cheap nowadays, even getting the spares and replacing things yourself is do able, replaced case and battery on mine before selling it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di