WP8.1 GDR1 - update downloaded couldn't be opened

helyzy

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Guys, just a quick update: clearly something has happened, because today, after 3 days of random attempts the update was succesful. I 8-10x got the 8018830f error same as everyone else here, and did nothing extraordinary (no deleting files in order to make some free space, no soft or hard reset or such nonsense).
The problem was literally solved from one minute to the next: at 8:30pm local time I got the dreaded "8018830f", at 8:38pm I got a message like "the update is ready to be served" et cetera, et cetera.

I guess you just have to be patient.

Andre Coelho

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
The issue has been fixed!!!! yay!!! Just got this from the MSFT forum thread.

Hello hitmanmcc,

A thread that you are following on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Eli A..
Title: Update 1 - Error 8018830F -> Update was downloaded but could not be opened

Hello Folks,
We have resolved this issue with the error 8018830F. You can now simply go to Phone Update and check for updates to install the latest version.
Thank you for the information to help us investigate this issue further.
Thank you again,
Eli A.

1 phone already updated and the other one nearly finished. :)

Martynas Zlatkus

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
IMPORTANT!!!!!!

I have Nokia Lumia 925 with wp8.1 DP + Cyan .. I wasn't able install GDR1 because of that error some of you are getting.. BUT NOW IM AT COGWHELLS!!! This what i did (NO HARD RESET!!):

Before checking for updates i turned mobile internet off, leaving just wi-fi..
When download of update completed and 'preparing to install 0%' showed up, i immediately turned off wi-fi, leaving my phone with no internet connection..
Then, for some reasons, 'preparing to install' part didnt threw an error and just continued..

GIVE IT A GO SOMEONE :) IT WORKED FOR ME

Never mind :D it was just a coincidence :D MS just fixed this problem :) Update your Lumias to GDR1 :)

P48dy

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I hard reset my Ativ S on O2 to get back all the space the system files were taking up. After a restore from back up the update installed and everything works fine. Apps installing now but Cortana and folders work well. Not sure if the reset was necessary but the restore from back up is pretty painless so why not give it a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sobev25996