[WP8.1] Money Fox- a easy to use personal finance app

NPadrutt

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I want to present you my new personal finance app Money Fox.

It's a universal app currently available on windows phone. I tried to keep it as simple as possible in order to reduce distraction and complexity and enable you to focus on the important things of your finances.

Here are some the key features it offers:

• Easy way to add new transactions
  • Tiles to fast create transactions
  • Neat graphical statistic
  • Integrated currency service for real time exchanges
  • Backup to OneDrive
With these intentions I'm keen to get as much feedback as possible. Because of that I published my app at a early stage. Right now it's in a public beta phase and a lot of features and improvements are planned and in development.

Right now you can download and use it completely free. Once it leaves the beta there will be an in-app purchase who will unlock some features while the rest will still be free to use.

Go check it out and let me know what you think and what you miss =)

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=9d806f03-d2a3-48f6-91cc-bd97d919e39c

regards
Nino Padrutt

Last edited:

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
First thing - every time the app opens a message appears saying "denied". Secondly, a more vibrant UI may help the app stand out!

NPadrutt

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your feedback.

Was the last page you visited the backup? There it could be that the app tries to authenticate you when you open the app. Otherwise
this message is pretty interessting.

To the design.. since I'm not a designer I try my best to create an appealing user interface. But anyhow there is for sure a lot of work to do.

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your feedback.

Was the last page you visited the backup? There it could be that the app tries to authenticate you when you open the app. Otherwise
this message is pretty interessting.

To the design.. since I'm not a designer I try my best to create an appealing user interface. But anyhow there is for sure a lot of work to do.

Unfortunately this message appears everytime the app is loaded, regardless of what screen I was last on. It's not really an issue for me, but might put off some users who think the app may be broken. Of course, I understand that, I'm just aware its difficult as there are a number of personal finance apps (see the recent list on WindowsCentral). What do you consider makes your app stand out?

NPadrutt

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Interessting. I'll have a look what that might cause.

That's true, there are a lot of other personal finance apps out there. And I tried a lot of them. But most of them weren't intuitive to use for me so I stopped using them after a couple of days. The only one I used for a long time now was the AccountTracker. But here the developer don't seems really commited to further develop the app.
Also I want my finances on my computer as well. Not just on my phone. Therefore I'm planning to make my app also available on W8.

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
The app updated overnight, unfortunately the "denied" message is still appearing! Windows 8 integration with some nice charts and graphs would really make it a fantastic app for me, coupled with an intuitive phone app that allows for quick transaction adding (standing in line at a coffee shop for example).

NPadrutt

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Can you make a screenshot of the message and send it to me (you'll find the mail in the app) ? Maybe that can help me with reproducing the issue.

That's the idea =)

NPadrutt

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Tbh I can't find something so far. My best guess so far is that the message is caused from the Live SDK since it doesn't is a message who I send. But I can't confirm it so far.

Can you trie to reinstall the app and tell me if the issue persists? You can backup your data to OneDrive and restore them afterwards if you want to.

NPadrutt

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
sure we talk about the same app? :p

just kidding.. I'm pretty confused at the moment.. don't have anything in my logs and can't reproduce it on my own on any device o_O

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire