Outlook account not signing in/synchronizing

Orlando Parkinson

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Updated my Lumia 620 with the latest build... .63 and i noticed my Outlook account was not synchronizing... I can't access my contacts in the people app nor my contents in calendar...

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Not Outlook, remove the mail account. What type of mail account did you create within the Outlook app? Exchange, Gmail? If you havent done that yet, that's why. If you have, delete the account and then add it back in.

Orlando Parkinson

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I have two Accounts, yahoo for email and Outlook for calendar and contacts.... When i go to settings/account/manage account... There is an option to delete the yahoo mail account, but none for the Outlook account.

Doug_10

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Orlando,
I'm having similar problems. I installed Win 10 .63 on 2 635's and 2 640's. The 635's worked fine but I can't get the 640's to see the Microsoft account that I'm signed in on when I go to email. Each phone see's the other phones Microsoft account email but not it's own. When they try to sync, an error code : 0x8007274c comes back and says it's having a problem connecting to the Hotmail server.

I have 2 gmail and 1 yahoo account that download mail fine and the Hotmail account that is NOT the Microsoft account on that phone works fine. It just can't see the phones own account. I have tried removing and adding the accounts but nothing works.

andreilupen

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Try manage accounts>outlook>change mailbox sync settings>download email from -any time>done>save . Go back to mail box and hit sync

Last edited:

Doug_10

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I tried your suggestions but still having problem with the 2 Lumia 640's.

When I go to SETTINGS, ACCOUNTS, Your email and accounts, the Microsoft account shows up in the list of Email, calendar, and contacts list along with the other Hotmail, 2 Gmail and 1 yahoo account. All have an envelope icon except the other Hotmail account which has a Outlook icon. When I go to the Outlook mail app there are 4 accounts, 2 Gmail, 1 Yahoo and 1 Hotmail, NOT the Microsoft account on the phone. So I am in the Outlook mail app and go to ADD an account to the 4 that are listed. I've gone through setting it up choosing Outlook.com; Exchange; Other account and even Advanced setup and they all come back and say All done! Your account was set up successfully. I click on DONE and the only time it shows up in the list of email accounts is when I set it up using Advanced Setup. If I go to SETTINGS, ACCOUNTS, Your email and accounts, I now have another account with the same address as my Microsoft account but it doesn't sync and it doesn't have a sync option for Calendar or Contacts, only Email button. So I am unable to sync my Calendar and Contacts with my Microsoft account. I can only sync my calendar and contacts with the other Hotmail account which works but that is not the account I want to sync with.

Sorry this is so long but that's the problems I'm having. I took the Lumia 640 out of the box and upgraded to Windows 10 version .63 BEFORE I started loading my info and accounts, maybe I should have loaded everything in Windows 8.1 before I upgraded to 10. That's the only difference between the two phone setups.

UPDATE: I finally gave up and did a HARD reset on one of the 640's and I now have my Microsoft account showing all of my Mail, Calendar and Contacts. I read on this forum that a HARD reset would fix the problem and it did.

Last edited:

Doug_10

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Orlando,
The first 640 I reset via the screen phone reset and when it restarted I ignored the WiFi connection and it started as a new phone out of the box but kept Windows 10 ver .63. The second 640, I reset the same way but chose the WiFi connection and had it download the Lumia 635 info and it kept all of the 635 stuff but still gave me Windows 10 ver .63. They both now see their own Microsoft account and the other 4 emails that I added. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2