outlook mail and calendar wont use primary account

Christian Holzer

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Just installed the new preview on my lumia 930. And let the store beta update all apps.

When i open outlook mail or outlook calendar, then it asks me for my account. When I select the first option to add an outlook or live account then a loading page shows up, but then i get back to the add account page. :-/

If i choose the 2nd option to add an exchange account, and enter my primary account there that i use on the phone, then it tells me that this account cant be added it has already been added?

Anyone can help me with this setup of mail and calendar? :)

Last edited:

Christian Holzer

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I thought it might be a good idea to do a reset on the phone, maybe that would get the outlook apps to work with my primary account.
Turned out it was a bad idea as I only got a black screen after that that said "loading". I could open the notification center, but the homescreen would not come on.
Had to restore the phone to WP8.1 again. :(

sledge

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi Christian - I have the same problem on the 929/ICON with linking to any O365 or outlook.com account. Obviously our phone is not part of the testing regimen prior to build release.

I'm on vacation so the lack of email isn't so bad, but if this isn't resolved in a few days I'll have no choice but to roll back to 8.1 as well :(

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I'd write it off as the problem being the mail app still being in the "testing" mode. I'm having all kinds of issues with my mail app in my Windows 10 TP on my PC. I can't stand the mail app on there. I'm just in waiting mode now for final release and praying its a lot better then.

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site
This sounds like the problem I had after updating to 10136 and then hard resetting to start fresh. On a fresh install of W10 Mobile, it appears that Contacts are synced automatically for the primary account but Email is not so you need to enable it.

1. Open the People app
2. Tap the ellipsis ( ...) and then Settings
3. In the Accounts section at the top, tap on your primary MS account
4. Tap on Change mailbox sync settings
5. Scroll down and change the toggle for Email sync from Off to On under Sync options.
6. Tap Done then Save
7. The account should automatically sync but if it doesn't, do a long press on your primary account and you should get the option to Synchronise
8. Open Mail and Calendar apps and you should see your primary account configured and get the Get Started button to finish the configuration of each app.

rsmiley0

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
just wish there is a setting to open it to a default email account. And a way to have say my work and private emails be on different Icons they way I could do it on WP8.1. Both of these are very important to me and I put them in my feedback so people can upvote.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My calendar is synced properly and if I click on tile (provided it doesn't crash) I see my info, however the tile itself doe not show anything, guess live tile function off. Any way to turn on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs