The Facial Recognition Thing

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
So I've been thinking about this and many other things.

How will MS's Facial Recognition actually work in Windows 10?

I just read an article in my Windows Phone News App from a guy who decided to try out the facial recognition for his bank (not Win10)

I'll try and figure out how to link the article later when I have time, but he spoke about how the system he was testing used the blink test to ensure you don't just use a photo of someone you grabbed off the net.

He took a photo of himself and cut the eyes out, then placed the photo over his face while he looked through the holes.

It didn't work.

But then he recorded a video of himself on his phone, then put the phone up to the camera and it worked.

Will Win10 be easily duped or will they use a different system?

Secondly, what happens when you decide to grow facial hair or shave it off? While one's face is unique, what we do with our faces change periodically through life..... Like how do you update your facial recognition when you start to age or you were in a horrible farming accident?

With passwords being changed, you enter your old one and then enter the new one, but how do you do this with a face? If your face changed through facial hair, accident or age, you can't go back in time and tell the system "this was me when I looked this way and this is how I look now."

Maybe Botox could solve this in some situations.

But seriously, I don't think facial recognition is a very reliable system and we're not told a lot by MS how it will work in Windows 10.

Thoughts?

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It's different then your friend tried. It uses IR. It's basically a miniature Kinect using the same tech ala Xbox One.

For more information just watch the MS video. All your questions are answered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani