Facebook Messenger UWP

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I am having a really bizarre problem with logging into Facebook Messenger via the Universal App, I actually can't input any text on the log in screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I have installed it on my desktop and don't have the same issue I can enter text absolutely fine which makes my issue on by Dell XPS 13 even more bizarre.

I have googled but can't find anyone else reporting the same issue anyone have any ideas?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am having a really bizarre problem with logging into Facebook Messenger via the Universal App, I actually can't input any text on the log in screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I have installed it on my desktop and don't have the same issue I can enter text absolutely fine which makes my issue on by Dell XPS 13 even more bizarre.

I have googled but can't find anyone else reporting the same issue anyone have any ideas?

is this the touch or non touch version of the laptop? If you have touch capabilities, can you try using the screen?
Second idea I can think of is to connect the laptop to external display and using that second screen to enter the details - this is just a workaround and not a final solution
What if you resize the app? And then enter the details?

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks will give some of those a go, I did try touch but that didn't do anything. I might try and terminal service on to it to see if I can register text from a remote keyboard.

Yes this is the touch model.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Think you are on to something here, if I set the res to 1920x1080 I can log in. However when I revert back to the native res I see text is hanging of the edge of the screen, the app doesn't seem to respond to the responsive design of the UWP. Am I the only one that is having this issue?

Xylobrytes42

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Neither the FB nor Messenger app work on my Windows 10 PC.
They just close immediately upon starting them.

Says I need Direct 3D or something, which is strange seen as I can play most modern games fine.

Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani