Should Microsoft make Android emulator for Windows 10?

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Since Microsoft is wholeheartedly encouraging people to use Android phones, don't you think it would be better if they make some sort of Android emulator for Windows 10? This will enable us to run Android apps on our Windows machines and will help to close the app gap.
We already have Bluestacks emulator but it's very laggy and is not optimised for mobile devices due to it's heavy resource requirements.

Last edited:

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I think it has already if you install visual studio with xaramin.

But consumers who are not programmers cannot use Visual Studio and XAMARIN to run Android apps. I was thinking of an emulator like BluStack but that will be integrated deep inside Windows 10 OS through some Android sub system so that Android apps will not lag. Since the CEO and ex CEO both love Android so much, I do not see any reason why they may have a problem with this.

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to see Microsoft unlock the bootloader on Lumia 950/XL be interesting to see how android runs. But i know they won't.

Personally, I do not like Android's UI. I would prefer to run Android apps on a Windows 10 device be it phone or laptop through some sort of emulation at the OS level.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't see a point because the apps I use on my phone aren't really stuff I use on my PC. Especially since I just use the web browser and find myself not using UWP apps most of the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire