Gmail Archive?

FriendOrDafoe

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
First off, I hate Gmail, I perfer my MS exchange or hotmail but I am forced to have a gmail account for some of my orginizations. ANYWAY....

Is there a way to archive emails instead of deleting them on WP7?

Thanks in advance!

-Friend

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hotmail doesn't archive so why does it matter. You can archive by using IMAP and moving it to All Mail instead of deleting it IIRC.

Gmail labels are analogous to folders.

Alternately you can just set ActiveSync. To only do one or two weeks of email and just not touch the stuff you don't want to delete. It will fall out as time progressed, but it will still be there in your account if needed later.

Additionally, you can pin the Gmail website to your home screen and use that. That would probably be better than using the built in email client. Gmail is designed to be used in a browser or with email clients designed for it. Using. It with anythingbelse is a pain, if you like to organize your email.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

FriendOrDafoe

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, Guess I should have specified, archive my Gmail, I know my hotmail doesn't have that option. Thanks Ill use the gmail mobile site.

mayne222

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hotmail doesn't archive so why does it matter. You can archive by using IMAP and moving it to All Mail instead of deleting it IIRC.

Gmail labels are analogous to folders.

Alternately you can just set ActiveSync. To only do one or two weeks of email and just not touch the stuff you don't want to delete. It will fall out as time progressed, but it will still be there in your account if needed later.

Additionally, you can pin the Gmail website to your home screen and use that. That would probably be better than using the built in email client. Gmail is designed to be used in a browser or with email clients designed for it. Using. It with anythingbelse is a pain, if you like to organize your email.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
Is there a way to get to the iphone style gmail page from WP7? I can't seem to get there using m.google.com/mail, or something similar

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That website is optimized for WebKit browsers, so no, It will not show in IE9 Mobile. Perhaps there's a way to force it, I personally don't know. I'm pretty sure that it would not work correctly even if you did. WebKit is the Internet Explorer 6 or Mobile Browsers. I don't even know if that site renders correctly in Opera Mobile. Guess I have to check that some time...

You can't just go to the page and have it show it to you. It checks your browser signature and decides what page to display for you based on what browser you are using. Since WP7 uses IE, it serves up the worst version of the page. It's similar to how Facebook's mobile site gives WP7 the crappy page while WebKit users get the full mobile HTML5 site that functions like an application instead.

That's a matter of [web] developers support, really. As WP7 marketshare increases, it will be harder for developers/companies to do that without alienating a lot of their customers. Personally, the best solution would be for Google to release a GMail App for WP7 similar to what they had for J2ME/BB devices and what they just released for iOS.

@ OP : My comment about Hotmail not archiving was just random uselessness in response to you letting us know that you hate Gmail... More of a "see what I did there?" comment than anything. Me being fecetious :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon