New WP Owner Live ID Question

swimmer160

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
So I just made the switch from BlackBerry to WP7. The Titan sucked me in and so far I'm pretty happy with the purchase. I just have a quick question. When I was setting up the device I entered one of my .live e-mail accounts first, and that seemed to be the default live ID for the phone. Well that kind of messed up the XBox live on my phone, since that e-mail wasn't my ID for XBL. Can I switch the WLID for my XBL account on the phone? Or would it just be easier to have Microsoft delete the account it created and move my account to the WLID I used for the phone?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't have any idea as far as the Xbox thing goes; my HD7 is the only access I have to internet. (I live on a farm) If you haven't downloaded too many apps yet I would recommend a hard reset. First sync your phone to Zune on your PC so you have a backup of your photos, music, etc, then turn your phone off, and instead off turning it back on, hold down the volume down button and the power button and then follow the onscreen prompts for the hard reset it only takes a minute or so. Then add the right live email. You'll have to sync to Zune to get your photos and whatnot back, and re download your apps, but it's relatively painless.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
You can change this through the People hub. Tap the (...) -> settings -> scroll to the bottom -> "add an account"

I tried to change the email of my Live account, but that did not work. (perhaps it's because I only had one; dunno)

Otherwise, you can reset your phone from settings -> about -> reset your phone

You can re-download all your apps; it wont cost you extra.

Edit: Actually, it might, unless you link your second (old) Live account, since that would have been the one that you used to make purchases.

swimmer160

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried to add the Xbox live account, but the WLID that I put in first is the one that's using the Xbox live on the phone. I'm going to just wait 30 days to change the current live account to the WLID that I'm using on the phone.

Sent from my Titan using Board Express.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon