How can I transfer settings to my new Lumia 900

KarateDad

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have an existing windows phone (Lumia 800), and I want to transfer my settings to my new Lumia 900. Is there any way to do that, or do I just have to re-add all my accounts, re-install all my apps, and re-design my home page ?

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to do anything. Just log in with your Live account and everything will sync automatically!

Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have an existing windows phone (Lumia 800), and I want to transfer my settings to my new Lumia 900. Is there any way to do that, or do I just have to re-add all my accounts, re-install all my apps, and re-design my home page ?

Unfortunately, you have to redo it. Full device backups with settings ect coming later this year.

The good news is that things like contacts, email, office & skydrive ect will automatically sync when you log into your accounts.

For reinstalling apps, download "reinstaller" from the marketplace first. Makes it a LITTLE faster. Or can go through them online at Windows Phone | Cell Phones, Mobile Downloads, Mobile Apps, and More | Windows Phone 7 and send them to your phone.

Its kind of a pain, but doesn't take too long. Its also a good way to "spring clean" and only download ones you still really want, and redo your homepage ect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3