Forgot to log out off store phone

LeoBloom.

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying out windows phones in several stores. The reps never had the windows marketplace credentials so I always had to use my Live ID in order to try out various free apps. I always reset the phones in the end, or so I thought. Just a few minutes ago I received an email confirming a wp app purchase I never made. I am afraid some store I have gone to still has my credentials on a display phone. I can't seem to figure out who to contact about this. I also don't ever remember putting in my CC information into a windows Live account.

Is there a way to remotely log out off all phones I've ever signed into? What else do I need to do?

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying out windows phones in several stores. The reps never had the windows marketplace credentials so I always had to use my Live ID in order to try out various free apps. I always reset the phones in the end, or so I thought. Just a few minutes ago I received an email confirming a wp app purchase I never made. I am afraid some store I have gone to still has my credentials on a display phone. I can't seem to figure out who to contact about this. I also don't ever remember putting in my CC information into a windows Live account.

Is there a way to remotely log out off all phones I've ever signed into? What else do I need to do?

.. change your password.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, just go to your Live ID on a PC and change your password as soon as possible. This will prevent the phones with your old password from making purchases.

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Phone won't be able to sync with Live ID now that you've changed password. Phone will start displaying errors that will annoy sales reps and enable them to format. I don think they can afford a display phone from showing sync errors to potential buyers.

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express

LeoBloom.

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, that's good news. Now how would I go about canceling the app purchase I received notification of earlier? And is there anyway to force a wipe of my personal information instead on relying on some unamused sales associate?

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Don't worry about it, if you do not have a credit card on file. Just change your password. That should take care of it. Even the free trial comes up as bought in Windows Phone, I think. I'm not entirely sure though.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

LeoBloom.

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there is a CC on it. When I went to check billing information on the microsoft website that shows the purchase, I don't see any mention of method of payment. How can I confirm my card wasn't used.

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Go to Windowsphone.com go to the "my phone section, on the left you will see your phone, and a drop down you can select all other phones that are using your LIVE id, from here you can remove them, that with changing your password should ensure your account is no longer used.

LeoBloom.

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Goodeye, I have four phones on that page. These must be all the ones that I've ever logged into. I think that the phones still stay on that page even if I factory reset them in the store.

I thought about removing them from the account, but I also noticed an erase function. I tried running it for all four phones but each time the website told me that the phone could not be reached, that Microsoft will keep trying to reach and wipe the phones, and that I may leave my email at which I will be contacted once Microsoft succeeds at wiping the phone.

Given that I would get a confirmation from Microsoft that the phone was wiped, do you think it's better to wait for the confirmation or is it better to remove the phones from my account now?

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have a credit card set up, then the app was charged to your phone bill. You'll probably get stuck with the bill.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Goodeye, I have four phones on that page. These must be all the ones that I've ever logged into. I think that the phones still stay on that page even if I factory reset them in the store.

I thought about removing them from the account, but I also noticed an erase function. I tried running it for all four phones but each time the website told me that the phone could not be reached, that Microsoft will keep trying to reach and wipe the phones, and that I may leave my email at which I will be contacted once Microsoft succeeds at wiping the phone.

Given that I would get a confirmation from Microsoft that the phone was wiped, do you think it's better to wait for the confirmation or is it better to remove the phones from my account now?

The erase function depends on an active network connection, not sure if Wifi alone would do it, which is why the phones cant be reached per the site. I think the best option is to do as Goodeye suggested and remove all the phones listed there. If you currently have a WP you can just reconnect your phone to Zune to resync.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Honestly never do that again. You should be logging in from a phone like that, ask a sales rep to put in there info...

LeoBloom.

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Honestly never do that again. You should be logging in from a phone like that, ask a sales rep to put in there info...

I wouldn't have to do this if the sales reps anywhere in my area had any competence with Windows Phones whatsoever. Nobody ever has any login information. I'm surprised they're able to sell any Windows phones at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar