Deleting New Mail/Syncing

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
This is something I've noticed on my Arrive ever since I got it. It's nothing that bothers me terribly, but decided to see if anyone knew how to fix this.

I have both my Live account and my school's email on my phone, which is an Outlook account. If I get a new mail in either of them, I'll open it, read it, and delete it. Then the next time my Outlook (Outlook being the program, so it includes my school-Outlook and Live accounts), as well as looking at either of them on my browser, it shows that there's an unread email in my trash bin.

So what I've been having to do is open my new mail on my phone, close it, sync my email, then open the email again, delete it, and sync one more time so the email no longer appears on Outlook/browsers as an unread message in my trash bin.

I've been doing the above way for months, and like I said it doesn't necessarily bother. I'm just wondering if this is just the standard MO for Windows Phone 7, or there's another way to be reading emails so I don't then see an unread message in my deleted bin :p

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I still think this goes back to the fact that WP doesn't do an automated sync with the server for actions performed on the device. The only automatic sync, in the form of push notification, happens when something changes on the server. Due to this, when you open an email on the device, it doesn't automatically mark the email as read on the server, and when you delete the email (or move it), it only reflects those changes when you do a manual sync. I hope they offer the ability to do an auto-sync back to the server anytime an action is performed on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes