10-14-2012 06:45 AM
- I wanted to love it, but the touchscreen is over sensitive and constantly dirty. It lags before it pulls up the home screen for no reason, HD7 never did that...it has nothing to do with WP7, in fact I think the 710 hurts the WP7 image, the little I on the back fell off and it is just NOK A. I guess I can't complain much, I paid 235 dollars off contract for it...
The 8X can't come soon enough, am I just unlucky with my 710? anyone have similar problems?09-21-2012 10:08 PM
- I'm very happy with my NO_IA 710. The screen is smaller than I would like but its a much better screen than my HD7 has. Looks sharper and can be read easily in daylight (easy meaning that its better than any other smart phone I've seen). I find it responsive as well, beats my HD7.
And having said all that I can't wait for something with a bigger screen running WP8. Not sure what excites me more the new hardware or the new OS.09-21-2012 11:10 PM
- I got one of those Batman covers that came free when going to a T-Mo store about a month or two ago (just had to tell them I own a Lumia 710 and they asked what color I wanted), as for performance, I haven't had any issues.
Might just be bad luck mate, sadly, there are electronics that ship in bad conditions all the time.
As for the "constantly getting dirty," welcome to the Touch Screen world heh, glass always gets dirty easily, not much to do about that yet (but I bet someone's working on that somewhere).09-22-2012 12:14 AM
- I was having the same feelings about my 710. I couldnt believe you coldnt send files from phone to phone, no mass storage ability, very limited file management and complicated ring tone customization and poor battery life. But i liked the UI, the stability and speed of the phone, loved the email and social integration to the phone and found some ways to partly overcome its disabilities.. Sometimes I wonder weather its even a smartphone. I cant say that i love my phone very much. If i had the money I would probably switch to android. But it does the job i need, whitch is most of the time web and email. Its not a bad phone, but I could not recomend it to a friend. Neither could i recomend wp7 os, cuz it lacks basic phone functions. I hope I will not be able to say the same about win8 but this phone was a good lesson about buying phone woth new OS. If i buy win8 device,I would give a much deeper analysis about its basic functions10-02-2012 03:13 PM
- Lumia 710 is an entry level phone but, trust me, you won't get anything much better in WP7 crowd, WP8 gonna change that. Two things bother me about it, the LCD has a delay when you pull it on so it takes half a second after pressing the unlock button to it turn on, I think Nokia can address this problem but the number of L710 solds must be low so they just don't care or aren't aware about it, and hardware buttons, I won't ever get a phone with hardware buttons again, they're hard to hit.
Edit: I forgot the battery, w/o 3G I can get 2 days but with 3G on it last at max 16h.10-07-2012 08:06 PM
- 10-10-2012 11:09 PM
- My only two real beefs with the 710. Battery life is awful, and it gets really dusty because of the gaps around the buttons and screen. In my bedroom of an evening it looks great.
But take it out in daylight and it really does look like a scruffy old piece of tech. Finger prints I can live with, but dust gathering (and not sure of the best kindest way to get rid of it) is awful.10-11-2012 02:28 AM
- I recently bought an unlocked Lumia 610 for 139€ and for that money it's a steal, I love it! With regards to the 710 though, I've heard the build quality is maybe not so good and people don't like the front face buttons. The 610 has surprisingly good quality feel to it, nice and heavy in the hands and a good grip thanks to the curved semi-rubberized back cover, very nice. Also it has a relatively good battery life. Sorry to hear you are disappointed in your 710 but as you said yourself, WP8 phones are here very soon so hold on! ;):)10-11-2012 02:48 AM
- My 710 is holding up great. Nothing has fallen off, looks like new and the battery life has been excellent. I'm usually at 40% left at the end of the day with a ton of texting, a fair amount of web browsing and I have 3 email accounts set at "as items arrive". No complaints so far. The dust in certain places is easily taken care of with my DSLR cleaning tools. I've also taken my phone on a ton of hikes in desert heat and as low as 10deg Fahrenheit temps with GPS tracking turned on...10-12-2012 09:15 PM
- My best friend has had the 710 since February and absolutely loves it. She had one odd problem recently that I corrected with some troubleshooting, but that had to do with her SIM. She told me she even dropped it once in a store and it went flying on a hard floor, but it was completely fine afterward.10-12-2012 10:06 PM
- The 710 is garbage. I went through at least three of them (maybe more). One had a bad screen with a big white blotch, one of them just stopped working, another couple of them would just randomly reboot... I think those phones were definitely "built to a price point."
The 8X and 810 are coming. 8X on the 14th of November! Hang in there for one more month. :)10-13-2012 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD