WP 8.1 Bugs and Defects

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bugs and Defects

Anyone having a camera issue? It's pretty much unusable. Gives a white tint and when taking the picture just gives a black photo.

Lots of camera issues. Main camera has stoped working on WP 8.1. Driver issue according to Nokia Care Suite (testing mode)

Sanket Bajaj

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

After a update to 8.1 in 1020 there is a problem in headphone....whenever i insert a headphone and wen the phone rings i m nt able to hear sound in headphone nd it is only audible in speaker.....plz help...

WillemC

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

Updated my lumia 1020 with the Cyan update (Netherlands).
Since this update, I can't open my standard Calendar (Agenda) app.
The live tile is greyed out and the Calendar in the list doesn't do anything when I tap on it.

Does someone have a solution for this? I really need my calendar app for work and private.
I can't uninstall this as far as I know.

edit: Found the "Agenda/Calendar" app in the store (via computer, not in the store on my phone via this direct link:
Calendar | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States))
But when installing, I get an 8103010d error.

Does anyone have a solution?

Edit 2: I've did a hard reset after making a backup. The calendar is working now.

Last edited:

rQvsnaps

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

The video player is still absolutely awful
- No "search" bar when streaming, can only fast forward in 30sec increments (and often freezing the video requiring closing the video player and reload to start all over.. Really ROCKS if watching a video longer than 5 minutes..

Also, every time you fast forward the video makes a loud POP, neglible on dev preview but was expecting this to be fixed with official cyan?

Am I the only one (apart from gf)?

1020.. Same problem on gf's 925

SinfulKnight

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Is anyone experiencing a bug when recording videos with either nokia camera or beta where the device does not start recording when you tap the video icon? Trying a soft reset /1520

Yeah, thats one of my problems on my 1520. It won't record. I changed the settings from 1080 to I think its 720 and it records about 7 seconds. I had this similar issue during the beta and reverted back to 8.0 thinking it was just the beta, I was wrong. 8.1 doesn't work for me.

ALupin

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

My lumia 625 is also rebooting randomly by itself, under usual usage. Wp 8.1, gdr1. Any solutions? I already did hard reset

MMarz04

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 520 - No media messaging or group messaging after 8.1 update

Hi, I am experiencing a major bug after the 8.1 update. Prior to the update, I was able to send and receive media messages and group texts. Since the update, I can still send individual text messages, and I can access the web and app store, etc. with no problem, but media messaging and group text no longer function. When I try to send them, I get a "Can't send message Try again" error. When I receive group texts, I get a link in the individual's text thread that says "Get media content now 1KB." Tapping on it produces no results. I have already made sure that group text and automatically download MMS are both turned on. I've also double checked my APN settings with my provider, Net10 wireless, and on a few forums online. They haven't changed from their previous settings, and should still work. Just in case, here are my APN settings:

Internet APN:
APN: tfdata
Proxy Server: 66.209.11.33
Proxy Port: 80

MMS APN:
APN: tfdata
WAP Gateway: mms3.tracfone.com
WAP Gateway Port: 80
MMSC (URL): http ://mms-tf.net/
MMSC Port: 80

If anyone can provide me with advice or assistance, I would really appreciate it! This is starting to drive me crazy.

Update:
I deleted all my APN settings, did a soft reset, and re-entered my APN settings. The phone now appears to be working for both media and group messaging, miraculously. I'm not sure what caused the problem in the first place, but it is working now. If you have a similar problem, try this and see if it works for you!

Last edited:

madailjoao

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

When I put a live tile of a group of people the live tile don't update with the social content, only show the random pictures... A feature that I love in 8.0.

GodlikeNay

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Also, every time you fast forward the video makes a loud POP, neglible on dev preview but was expecting this to be fixed with official cyan?

Am I the only one (apart from gf)?

1020.. Same problem on gf's 925

I've got a 1020 and I get the same annoying pop every time I move the horizontal video bar. I hope they fix that one soon.

GodlikeNay

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

I have a L1020. I was on 8.1 for a while and now I'm on Update 1. In both environments I've had a really annoying bug with opening text messages. 85% of the time it happens when I get a text message from someone and click on the notification. The text message environment opens to the person who sent the message. There is a pause (where I can't scroll or click on any messages) and then it crashes. 100% of the time, the second time I go in to access the message everything works correctly. About 15% of the time I experience this crash is just from me accessing text messages from the text icon on my home screen. Same pause and then a crash. The only similarity I can find between the different scenarios is that I'm usually leaving an app to access the text messages. When I click on the notification, I'm usually in another app that clicking on the notification makes me exit. When I access the text from my home screen it is usually right after hitting the Home button (exiting a different app).

Am I the only one experiencing this high regularity of crashing the texting environment? It happens to me at least 3 times a day.

jammytech

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

I have two accounts on my 1520, one google and one hotmail. My google account won't stop syncing even though I turned sync. Off. I cant even access it either because its syncing. Its been doing it for hours now and its making my hardcore games lag a little bit.

I have tried soft reset, airplane mode and even both at the same time, even windows phone support on twitter can't diagnose the problem. I dont want to factory reset either :/

Any help appreciated.

wp_ss_20140813_0001.jpg

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I have two accounts on my 1520, one google and one hotmail. My google account won't stop syncing even though I turned sync. Off. I cant even access it either because its syncing. Its been doing it for hours now and its making my hardcore games lag a little bit.

I have tried soft reset, airplane mode and even both at the same time, even windows phone support on twitter can't diagnose the problem. I dont want to factory reset either :/

Any help appreciated.

View attachment 76513
I know its not what you want, but...
If you have to hard reset, Turn on backup and hard reset without memory card installed, sign in and restore after, you wont loose much but app data, the apps and start layout + all settings.

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

Everytime I go to download the windows phone central app I get this error. I have tried rebooting, soft reset just have not wanted to reset the phone unless absolutely nessasary. I dont want to flash it again :( wp_ss_20140815_0002.png

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I don't get notifications from Skype and WhatsApp. The second one shows a message that there's some problem preventing displaying notifications. Anyone had/solved this? And yeah battery drains like crazy. I have a Lumia 920.

seanset68

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

Twitter option on the share button not showing up in some apps, MixRadio, internet explorer & metro tube are the ones I've found at the moment.

miszu

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I have problems with my wifi connection- it turns off every once in a while and I have to reset my device to make it work again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes