Push Mail.

cyclehide

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I am using my company email adress on my windows 8 phone. My mail server supports imap idle.
How can i use push mail on this account ? Its updating box every 15 min.

Push mail is working on @live.com account.

Regards.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't believe IMAP Idle is supported by WP8, if you can't change your mail delivery settings to "As new items arrive" then push is probably not supported on that account

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I have the answer!! I use a service called nuevasync for imap of my business mail on my WP8. I have used it on WP7 to. It works great. It costs a few dollars ($30??) but it works awesome for imap. And you can set it up as an Outlook account on your phone and get mail as it arrives.

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
On a related note. I could have sworn on my WP7 device Gmail was able to use Push, but on my WP8 i only have the option to check every 15min?? Am i nuts?

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
There seems to be a limitation on the number of push accounts you can have on W8 both the phone and Surface will only let me set two accounts up with Push and the rest need a interval setting. I rally hope they address this with a future update.

cyclehide

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
What you mean " as "Outlook", " . My email server just IMAP4 server and supports IMAP IDLE.
If i add this account as outlook asking me active directory and something ???
could you explain us pls ?

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
here is the answer:
When setting up a gmail account you are giving two options “email only” or “email, contacts and calendar.” If you select the email contact and cal, you get to select push. If you select email only it sets it up smtp, which only gives you “every 15 minutes.”
select the second option and just leave contacts and cal unchecked and all will be well.

SaucePolicy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that the solution Mike posted works for me. I initially set up my Gmail to do email only and then found that tip and changed it to email, contacts and calendar and now I can select 'as items arrive'.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone find a solution to this. I am using a custom mail server controlled via cpanel. Can't get wp8 to recognize push. I've tried both pop and imap. At the moment I think its added as imap. Anyways, not having push from these email accounts is driving me nuts as I use the domain for freelance.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
wp8 does not support imap push. Probably never will. Windows 8 does support push mail on IMAP (as well as server search). So, it is not like MS doesn't know how to do it. It just won't do it to push its EAS.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Well MS in my opinion is a pain in my arse and should get slapped in the face with a raw fish repeatedly. They market their phone as the new Blackberry for business users but they couldn't replace the business market with this kind of attitude if their life depended on it. I am an advid MS fan...stuck with them all these years but I am sick and tired of getting crapped on by stupid decisions.

Honestly, I am kind of excited to see Steve Ballmer retire. I think after Win8 (on the PC side), MS needs some changes.

and.....[/end of rant] :)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
On a related note. I could have sworn on my WP7 device Gmail was able to use Push, but on my WP8 i only have the option to check every 15min?? Am i nuts?

You can thank google for that. Google is gonna drop EAS support because of which we are stuck w/ IMAP only

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon