How do I attach a photo to Gmail?

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
When I am using Gmail and I click browse to search for a photo to attach none of my photos show up. How can I attach a photo to a Gmail email? I have a Nokia 822 Windows 8 phone.

Thanks,
yeto

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
When I am using Gmail and I click browse to search for a photo to attach none of my photos show up. How can I attach a photo to a Gmail email? I have a Nokia 822 Windows 8 phone.

Thanks,
yeto

You're using the built in Gmail account on the device? I just went into mine, hit the paperclip and it took me right to my photos. What does it take you to?

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

Thanks,
yeto

Press the paper clip at the bottom, choose your album, then select the photos. Press the "Done" tick at the bottom.

You have pictures in your albums correct? Do they show up when you browse albums in the pictures hub?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I can only assume the HTML version does not have rights to your phone, which makes sense. Just add the account locally.

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Can you share as how to add the account locally? I am sorry but I am not tech savy when i comes to cell phones. I tried to Google and could not find the answer.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Can you share as how to add the account locally? I am sorry but I am not tech savy when i comes to cell phones. I tried to Google and could not find the answer.

Sure!

Go to Settings, email + accounts, and select add an account

Google should be a choice.

GomzyRockz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
well my question is, can I attach a document from my sky drive in gmail ? The attach button takes me to my albums, my sky drive albums. But what about my files?

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
well my question is, can I attach a document from my sky drive in gmail ? The attach button takes me to my albums, my sky drive albums. But what about my files?
I never noticed that, that is strange...to be honest whenever i want to send a file i just "share" it and choose to email it. With skydrive (from within the WP8 app), it only lets you send links to the file tho.

GomzyRockz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I never noticed that, that is strange...to be honest whenever i want to send a file i just "share" it and choose to email it. With skydrive (from within the WP8 app), it only lets you send links to the file tho.

Yes, but if you open your file in skydrive with your WP8, you can share it through an email.

But say, you are having a conversation in your email, and suddenly you want to attach a file which is in your sky drive. Is there a way to do that ?

OldSkoolVWLover

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I can only assume the HTML version does not have rights to your phone, which makes sense. Just add the account locally.

I agree, most (if not all) mobile browsers I know of don't have access to file system in any capacity. This is especially important for security in an enterprise situation.

Raj Chahal

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree that we can send a mail from our own account !
But consider todays scenario where my frnd had to send an important mail, so he was using my phone to access his account and attach some files, using HTML gMail.
But we had no option. and once again My Lumia 920 had to look down in front of even an entry level android handset :(

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
The option is to use the built in client to email the phone to him, and then he can simply forward it. Giving a browser that level of access to the phone makes it very susceptible to unwanted activity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon