People hub, Outlook desktop, outlook.com bug. Missing "People".

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe I've found a bug with the following, WP8 People hub (contacts), Outlook 2010 with hotmail connector to Hotmail/Live/Outlook. Every-now-and-then, I loose a contact (or two, or three, or ...) on the phone.

I believe I have been able to recreate the issue.

Having Outlook 2010 running on a PC for awhile, then the PC goes into Standby or Hibernate for several hours, you will occasionally find a person, or people, missing on your phone. Using a web browser to Hotmail/Live/Outlook to check your contacts, that everyone is there. Initiate a sync on your phone for contacts, and still not there.

Wake up the PC running Outlook 2010, initiate a "Send and Receive", making sure there are no errors, then exiting Outlook 2010. Wait 5-10 minutes, go to your phone an initiate another sync of contacts, viola!!! Everyone is back on your phone.

Weird.

I now make darn sure I exit Outlook 2010 when I done using it.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My wife had this issue with contacts not showing up on her phone that she entered in Outlook. I just suggested she use the Outlook.com interface instead and she's happy as a clam, if clams were happy. Outlook is such a monster of a program, it sometimes forgets to do things. I often find messages are shown as unread in Outlook that I read on my phone. I'm beginning to think it's an Outlook issue, not the phone.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree it's an Outlook desktop issue, specifically the Hotmail connector. I've always thought that piece of code was a bit dodgy to begin with.

My problem is I'm really used to Outlook desktop and shortcut keys. I've been using it for years, and will probably continue to do so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss