Retrieve video

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Quick question. Is there any way possible to retrieve a video I accidently deleted? Its kinda important to. Is there a temporary place I can go or is it gone forever. please help

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I successfully recovered a file my HTC Incredible deleted from the SD card using an old program I had called Search and Recover by iolo. I don't know if its still available but maybe it's worth Bing'ing.

bmaclean1

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
The real problem (that MS should fix) is that the phone doesn't appear in the "hard drive" list of devices to be scanned when you use a recovery tool. I too need to recover some photos that I accidentally killed after vacation. I have downloaded 3 pieces of software (plus tried the free "recuva" that worked like a champ on my Android phone) with the same frustrating results. This issue was simple with my android phone.

Being forced to use SkyDrive is not a good solution. Battery life on my HTC8 is not good, and I don't want the phone constantly sending stuff to skydrive. And if it isn't constantly sending, then skydrive is not genuinely protecting against accidental deletions.

If anyone has suggestions, I am all ears.

Thanks,

Bill

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The real problem (that MS should fix) is that the phone doesn't appear in the "hard drive" list of devices to be scanned when you use a recovery tool. I too need to recover some photos that I accidentally killed after vacation. I have downloaded 3 pieces of software (plus tried the free "recuva" that worked like a champ on my Android phone) with the same frustrating results. This issue was simple with my android phone.

Being forced to use SkyDrive is not a good solution. Battery life on my HTC8 is not good, and I don't want the phone constantly sending stuff to skydrive. And if it isn't constantly sending, then skydrive is not genuinely protecting against accidental deletions.

If anyone has suggestions, I am all ears.

Thanks,

Bill

That's not an issue, that's intended. A WP8 phone is no hard drive, it connects through the MTP protocol. It's up to the phone what files to show, and when you drag & drop a file, it doesn't directly get on the storage, the phone can interpret it.

bmaclean1

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I only mentioned the hard drive list, because if the phone showed up on that, I could use a normal undelete program. I probably should not have focused on the specific implementation, but on the desired function.

I believe it to be completely unreasonable that I cannot recover accidentally deleted files from my phone. If there is a way to do this, I am definitely interested in the solution.

Thanks,

Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes