Limited edition Nokia phones on Verizon Wireless for father's day

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Come on! I broke down and ordered the 928 last week. The next morning you post this thread that limited editions are coming in 2 weeks! I cancel my order. Now a few days later the limited editions are delayed until some unknown date in July!

Ugh. I might just reorder the white 928.

If you are a bank of America customer you can get the 928 for free. I wouldn't make the original post if I wasn't certain but technology is dynamic and things changes quickly

Last edited:

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Very disappointed. Somehow I'm with hopmedic and I doubt Verizon will have anything to do with those big plans.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I can't get into details but it has to do with 928 and what the phone can do and high profile apps. Things will change dramatically for WP OS starting in July

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I can't get into details but it has to do with 928 and what the phone can do and high profile apps. Things will change dramatically for WP OS starting in July

Alright, in that case all is forgiven :)

But its safe to say I should get the 928 June 30 when my upgrade is up like I had planned on rather than waiting a week or so for colors? I don't really want to use my Galaxy Nexus any longer than necessary... Haha

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Anxiously awaiting...... Had hoped that I could trade in for a color, since I just got a replaced 928 last Sunday - and I'm waiting on Nokia to replace again - but I guess white will do....

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Well I guess I shall continue the wait then... I don't even know what to think, honestly. I'm not sure what change could be so dramatic that we haven't yet heard of.

DurnDurnDurn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If it's what the 928 can do, it's going to be the firmware upgrade to the new AWS LTE for the 928 like has been reported on a couple tech sites. As for the high profile apps, that one has me stumped.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If it's what the 928 can do, it's going to be the firmware upgrade to the new AWS LTE for the 928 like has been reported on a couple tech sites. As for the high profile apps, that one has me stumped.

I think you're right about the AWS LTE activation. But as far as the high profile apps, I have no idea... Unless Microsoft & Nokia are planning on making several big name apps available at once. Snapchat, Temple Run 2, Halo, etc.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think you're right about the AWS LTE activation. But as far as the high profile apps, I have no idea... Unless Microsoft & Nokia are planning on making several big name apps available at once. Snapchat, Temple Run 2, Halo, etc.

WPCentral ran an article the other day - SnapChat is in the works already.

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that this is being held not only for the AWS LTE activation, but also the Halo Spartan Assault release. You can pick your team, Red vs. Blue with both red and cyan 928's being released.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that this is being held not only for the AWS LTE activation, but also the Halo Spartan Assault release. You can pick your team, Red vs. Blue with both red and cyan 928's being released.
Well played. I wonder if they're able to go with more of the Halo blue instead of Cyan.

One other downside for those of us who will be waiting is the $25 credit promo ends at the end of June.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Do you know whether we're talking about early or late July?

I hear June 27th. from my colleagues but I'm pretty sure since 928 is selling very well, there will be no incentive to introduce new colors until sales slow down. When and if I find out for sure I'll keep the community updated it

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I believe it's different colors. Likely just red and cyan as originally planned. Hopefully more. I'd love to see a yellow, green, or grey.

Based on what tcman has been saying I don't think its limited colors anymore. He said they've decided to delay them per msft and Nokia's request and something about 'big plans for July'.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Based on what tcman has been saying I don't think its limited colors anymore. He said they've decided to delay them per msft and Nokia's request and something about 'big plans for July'.

I took that to mean that there were big apps to be announced/released in July and they would release new colors as part of the marketing effort.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I took that to mean that there were big apps to be announced/released in July and they would release new colors as part of the marketing effort.

Ohhh... I much prefer your idea. I hope you're right haha

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking at late june and would much prefer black over white, but cyan or green would even better. Is it hard to swap the back plate on the 928?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClareceKeard