Nokia lumia 720 crashes on loading screens

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
So I got my self a new Nokia Lumia 720 (owned a Lumia 800 before which I think is better than the 720), and to be honest this phone is a master piece of balance, it just balances all the good features in all the lumia devices.

Sadly though it suddenly started crashing, every time I open an app, switch between apps, or unlock my phone into an app, it just shows 8 small screens, with repetitive icons, text, and what ever it finds on the screen at that moment, then it resumes normally, took some screenshots for you to see, tell me what you think.

pictures link: https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

sent it to Nokia care, they reinstalled the firmware, got it back yesterday...aannnd same problem.

What bugs me the most is that I might be the most hardcore Nokia fan in the MENA region, my twitter is dedicated to Nokia, and all my friends know how I keep on promoting it, but now i'm the joke... sigh... :( I feel like Nokia Failed me.

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
This is indeed not normal.
I have never encountered such issue (Hopefully not) but I heard that switching to new Micro SIM might help.

I suggest you to bring this to Nokia Care and probably ask for a replacement. My previous Lumia 620 had not such issue and it runs extremely well.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
This state developed from the info presented on the lick screen being all messed up, could it be an app thats doing this? Like whatsapp for example?

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
No, I have Whatsapp online all the time but no issue like this.
Previously, a Windows Phone would have some issues (Not sure if it had a same issue like yours) if Skype is installed. I myself don't use Skype.

EDITED : Installed Skype but no issues at all. Could it be an app that provides daily wallpaper for your lock screen?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Oh man, you are a genius :)

It was Skype, uninstalled it first as you recommended, restarted the phone, and I'm going crazy in and out of apps, switching, locking and unlocking and its smooth as butter.

I want to thank you, and thank this amazing community of great people, who never stop to amaze me.
My twitter is @tkay_88, would like to have yours if you have one.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I had problem like this aswell yesterday, couldn't even open adress book or sms hub cause it always closes itself.
But now my phone is completly dead :)...

topcms

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i also have a lumia 720 and before had a Lumia 800. Also think that the 800 is a much better phone but the weak battery was an issue for me. Now with the 720 i keep on getting those loading screens, apps keep crashing when i try to resume them, whats app crashes out of no where. Not very pleased with this phone. After one month the touch of the phone started pressing buttons by itself. And there is nothing i can do unless lock the screen but as soon as i turn it on agains it starts pressit back button, home button, or search button. I went for windows phone for the because i was very inpressed with lumia 800. Never had an issue.

Fl?vio from Brazil

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i also have a lumia 720 and before had a Lumia 800. Also think that the 800 is a much better phone but the weak battery was an issue for me. Now with the 720 i keep on getting those loading screens, apps keep crashing when i try to resume them, whats app crashes out of no where. Not very pleased with this phone. After one month the touch of the phone started pressing buttons by itself. And there is nothing i can do unless lock the screen but as soon as i turn it on agains it starts pressit back button, home button, or search button. I went for windows phone for the because i was very inpressed with lumia 800. Never had an issue.

Fl?vio from Brazil

Did you factory reset your phone ?

Try it once

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

farhanmariz

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I had the same problem for my 720 but mine wasn't so serious. I had that weird text in the transition screens and also dark background in long-press context menu. The problem disappeared after I uninstalled Toshl Finance.

Anum Saleem

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
my phn keeps on resuming .......its a blank screen n the only word written u see is resuming .....n for hours there is nothing except this until i shuts off my phn n then it does not turn on again.......i hav tried soft reset per its not working either

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examking010