Bing Weather: Does anyone else's live tile not update?

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Bing Weather's live tile not updating reliably is not just a Windows Phone problem. The live tile for the Windows 8.1/RT app on my PC and Surface tablet doesn't update regularly either. It's pretty pathetic that the live tile for Microsoft's own app doesn't update as it should.

Same here. I'm now using Acuweather, on my phone. I can't say I love it, either.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been having issues with Bing Weather ever since I installed GDR3. Not sure if that's why or not, however Weather Flow is working fine, live tile and lock screen. Bing's live tile rarely updates and will no longer shows info on the lock screen.

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
On my homescreen, the bing weather app is the only one that isnt updating. After Finally getting it to work yesterday by uninstalling, restarting, etc., it worked all through the night but appears to stop updating in the morning the next day. I commute to A suburb of Chicago for work, but it still says the 39deg weather for Chicago downtown this morning, and not where I am now.

Anyone else think that the phone should just somehow force this script to work? Like, honestly, I don't understand why live tiles never work properly.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I've got similar problem, live tile almost always shows different weather conditions than actual. And when live tile works fine, then almost everytime I open app I can see shallow fog (after closing app, tile is changing to shallow fog also). lol
Tried everything, and still no effect. In fact it is foggy when I wake up (6am) but I'm disappointed to see it all day when I open Bing Weather.
However Info Data updates correctly, degrees, wind speed, UV index etc.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Wonder what it takes for Microsoft to address something like this. I certainly liked the app but it's broken! Seems many have the same experience.

Mike Bowman

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
It seems to be working again for me.

Yes, I had another try with Bing Weather and it is working correctly so I guess somebody, somewhere, has fixed their servers as I am not aware of a new version of the app. Updates are happening automatically to the live tile, weather information is near enough correct and location is also being updated correctly as well. Great!

Ed Buzzell

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with a new HP Laptop. It's also occurring with other Bing Apps such as News, Finance and Sports. Temporarily corrected it by uninstalling and reinstalling but eventually the apps fail again. Now my weather app won't reinstall. I think it's a problem with Windows 8. I have Windows 8.1.

Kevin Corcino

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I got my 1020 two weeks ago and have been singing the praises of the Bing apps from the get go. Bing weather really impressed me with its clean, beautiful design, informative live tiles, and auto location update. Sure, if it had lockscreen support it would be a slam dunk but I still loved it. A few days ago I noticed that the location was taking a while to update. Then yesterday it was stuck for hours. I tried unpinning and uninstalling only to be stuck with a tile with just the logo. I tried another reinstall and a soft reset to no avail. I gave up and pinned the weather channel app in its place and moved it to the bottom of my start screen. Then in the middle of the night it updated! I was so excited! The beautiful live tile was back! My excitement faded as I noticed that when night turned to day it didn't update. So back to the bottom of the list. :(

So I'm curious if its just my phone or is everyone having trouble with the Bing Weather live tile not updating. The other apps seem to be updating just fine.

Also, this blue translucent hard/soft case on the white looks awesome! I got mine in the mall for $15.

WP Bing Weather Tile.jpg

Last edited:

Alpha Tauri

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Mine stopped around a week ago. It's infuriating! It used to work fine before that. I tried different things like rebooting the phone, reinstalling the app, unpinning, etc., but none are working.

jplemt

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I figured out that if I didn't have WiFi on, even if it wasn't connected to a network, that my tiles will not refresh. Turn WiFi on, without even finding a network will make them work again. This is even with mobile data enabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vichuz121