Goodbye U.S. Bank

gregz83

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
History: I have been with Windows Phone since WP7 and the HTC Trophy on Verizon. It was actually my first smartphone. I have tried to be immensely patient with all the problems. I had text messaging problems with the Trophy, when my contract was up I got the Lumia 928, I went through two of those with hardware failure and now I have the HTC 8X, which also has its own text message problems. I have seen very slow progression of new (useful) apps to the Windows Store. Had to wait for WP8 to get a United Airline app. Seems Microsoft needed a new CEO to start getting a clue about doing business ( I am so glad Ballmer is gone. )

I have been waiting through a lot of pain and suffering for the past 3-ish years and to this day, U.S. Bank (U.S. Bancorp) still refuses to release a Windows Phone app. While other major banks have all decided to give Microsoft a chance, U.S. Bank to this day, if emailed (and I have), says that they have no plans to release their mobile banking app to Windows Phone. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if I could use their mobile banking website, but NOOO, even that doesn't work on my Windows Phone. So I have had enough. As of today I have opened accounts with Wells Fargo, who has a working WP8 app and a mobile website that works on my phone. Goodbye U.S. Bank, sorry to end it like this.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't U.S. Back have a mobile webpage? My bank has an application but I never use it since their mobile webpage is better than their application.

rcciren

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
In theory, with the universal windows app development platform announced at \\Build\ last week, if US Bank develop for Win8.1, then they'll develop for all the Microsoft platforms... be interesting to see if they twig this. Doesn't seem like they catch on quickly though ��

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon