Moving Sim card from one Windows phone to another

krishnanr14

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I had just recently purchased the Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows 8 operating system. I had ordered and gotten two backup phones with Windows 7.5 (both Samsung Focus and Samsung Focus Flash) and one question I have is.....Suppose my Nokia Lumia went bad (in this case either broke or had some sort of damage), and I decide to switch my sim card from the Lumia to the Samsung Focus phones, will I have to contact AT&T regarding the fact I moved the Sim to another type of Windows phone that's branded by AT&T? It's only from Windows phone to Windows phone, not any other phone operating system, so hope I can just experiment, and also use my Lumia properly.

Thanks

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I think the Focus and Flash use full size SIM cards and the 920 users a microSIM so you'd need an adapter I think.

Jeebus137

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been told that not matching the IMEI number of your device to your account will cause data to drop out periodically, which I can attest too. You would want to notify AT&T of that probably.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
never ever had that problem. If you have that problem you should call in a service complaint, not grovel and apologize to them because their IMEI sniffer software doesn't work properly.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
You phone has settings and AT&T has settings listed for your phone in their data base. About 95% of things will work just fine; but some will not. I know one problem is MMS messages; LTE sometimes, using cellular data instead of wifi to surf the web. Again it depends on the APR settings of the phone you are moving the sim too and if they are the same as the phone you had it in. I have done this many times and usually it is not a big problem; but it is rare for everything to work the same. If you do change the sim to another phone you can call AT&Ts tech department and they will help you get the phone set up to do everything you want it too. They won't ask any questions or give you any problems, after all they want your phone to work on their network. Only trouble is if you change the sim back to the other phone you have to do the same procedure again. Its a bit of trouble; but they will do it for you. BTW I am no longer on AT&T, changed to Consumer Cellular (which uses AT&Ts network) and I had to do the same modifications on my two WP8 phones and my Android phone. (changed for the much cheaper rates). Good luck with your switching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon