I was using my Acer Aspire laptop and suddenly I got a pop up message telling me that Windows detected a hard disk problem (and I keep having this message like every 20 min).

The HDD was working just fine and still works good, but I just get that message.
    I also checked the disk for errors but is says that the disk has no errors.
    07-08-2015 07:48 AM
    Hmm, we would need more details - a screenshot if possible. You would need a Windows Central account to respond to this thread.

There's a possibility that what you saw was some pop-up generated by some third-party software installed in your PC - an advertisement that will convince you that's something's wrong with your PC even though there really isn't. The probability for this possibility is especially strong since you mentioned that you checked the disk for errors which returned negative results (no errors).

However, there's also a possibility that there are indeed errors depending on the disk checking method used. What disk checking method did you use?

I've encountered two disk errors in two different laptops recently, but a little more details about what you're encountering would enable us to proceed forward more concretely.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-08-2015 12:30 PM