Where is the promised SUPERPHONE from Alcatel? We are betrayed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I got a reply, and theres no time frame for the release of the Idol 4 yet, they pasted a link to their press release site. Guess I'll get another 950 XL to hold me over till it comes out. As an aside, I've owned iPhones 5 through 6s plus
Note 5, Galaxy S6 Edge etc. and the only phones that will read and dictate texts through my Nissan Rogues GPS
Bluetooth Bose system is a Windows phone....weird huh. All that power in those other phones and cant do simple
stuff like the Windows phone can.

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You would think now would be the ideal time to release such a device, in the vacuum of no new Lumia's and partnered with a carrier at a lower price than the HP, though all the hype that device is getting would probably still overshadow any new release, maybe that's why. Or maybe they are seeing the dismal sales of W10M devices and having second thoughts about launching and seeing their investment go down the drain.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
by the time it gets released it will be old specs.... :(
They wait to long and the MS surface phones will be here in spring filling the void. #hopefully.
perhaps this is better after all because Id rather have that.

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Its B.S. is what it is. Microsoft has enough clout to get a company like Alcatel to release its Idol Pro 4 if it wanted to but I get the sneaky suspicion it has no inclination it doesnt want to for whatever reason. At this point i'm close to giving up on Windows mobile as a platform. The sinking ship continues to take on water, yet it's services like Xbox and Windows 10 that give me a false sense of hope for WM 10. I dont know.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Here is what I got from Alcatel:

Dear Guytronic,

Thank you for contacting ALCATEL SUPPORT.
We have no time frame of the release of idol 4 for Windows, yet.

Best regards,
ALCATEL SUPPORT.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2016 4:41 PM
To: Support WebUS
Subject: Contact Form - Guytronic

Name: Guytronic
Email: <snip>@yahoo.com
Phone Number: <snip>
Phone Model: IDOL Pro 4 (Windows)
IMEI: N/A
Wireless Carrier: T-Mobile
Your Country: U.S.

Comment: Is the Idol 4 for Windows still going to be released?
There's been little to no news updates about this device.
A number of Windows phone users are wanting to upgrade as soon as possible.

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
So what now? Wheres Daniel? maybe he can yank an arm or two to get some answers. You got any clout with him being a Mod? I truly dont know what to do. I'm going to have some coin in my pocket next week and I dont want to waste it on an aging 925XL.

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Do they pick mods out of a hat? (seriously how does one become a mod?...) Anyway Daniel if you read this sub forum please for the love of all that is holy, can you find out an eta on the Idol 4 Pro's release? or if they've dropped the project. So we can all take our bikes and go home.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Do they pick mods out of a hat? (seriously how does one become a mod?...)

It's kind of a secret...
You know done in a dark torch lit catacomb at midnight with dark robes an altar with a big ominous symbol carved on the front with chanting etc...

joshcaleb27

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for contacting them. Their truly is a ton of us waiting and getting quite frustrated with the lack of information coming out.

Here is what I got from Alcatel:

Dear Guytronic,

Thank you for contacting ALCATEL SUPPORT.
We have no time frame of the release of idol 4 for Windows, yet.

Best regards,
ALCATEL SUPPORT.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2016 4:41 PM
To: Support WebUS
Subject: Contact Form - Guytronic

Name: Guytronic
Email: <snip>@yahoo.com
Phone Number: <snip>
Phone Model: IDOL Pro 4 (Windows)
IMEI: N/A
Wireless Carrier: T-Mobile
Your Country: U.S.

Comment: Is the Idol 4 for Windows still going to be released?
There's been little to no news updates about this device.
A number of Windows phone users are wanting to upgrade as soon as possible.

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't do it, I had posted that I was getting a ZTE Axon 7 but I couldn't do it. The further I went down that rabbit hole the more problems I found with the UI. Go with what you know I guess, so I broke down and got another 950XL and two Mozo quick charging back covers to go along with it. At least I won't have to invest myself any further into Google's ecosystem. I'll be patient and hope Alcatel will surprise us soon with their new phone.

zoom44

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I saw an Idol Pro 4 in person yesterday "in the wild". I bumped into a guy who works for Alcatel and had it in hand. I think he was surprised I knew what it was. It looked just like the photos from the WIFI Cert articles with the fingerprint sensor just below the camera. Very nice in person.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I saw an Idol Pro 4 in person yesterday "in the wild". I bumped into a guy who works for Alcatel and had it in hand. I think he was surprised I knew what it was. It looked just like the photos from the WIFI Cert articles with the fingerprint sensor just below the camera. Very nice in person.

And you didn't get a picture? I'd of pretended to check my phone as the conversation ran down, then snapped a pic or two and run off.

He's under NDA, not you. :winktongue:

patrickhday

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Apparently MSPoweruser has reported that the Idol Pro 4 has been spotted in the wild again, this time with pictures. The pictures pass the smell test and show the phone as having stereo speakers, and also lists the specs of the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon